Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow...vendor busted at the National

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flammond

Jan 3, 2018
I read that this morning. You have to be pretty stupid to think your forgeries would go unnoticed. Just another example of a jerk messing with our hobby.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What really sends red flags is the Lou Gehrig/Jesus Christ dual autographed 1921 bat. Lou Gehrig wasn't even in the league until 1923. :rolleyes:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
When working at local PD class on this - You would write your name and guy across table would write it upside down beside yours and you couldn't tell it wasn't yours . This was 1975 . Never told who he was .

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So on a serious note this guy's name is Tony Podsada. Google him.
The definition of Stupid:
Selling Mickey Mantle autographed items for $30 and Michael Jordan autographed items for $40 while apparently having a sign saying "decorative items" and apparently telling convincing stories to the contrary to make sales and thinking you're not going to get caught.

The other bad part is it's my understanding people bought lots of stuff from this guy before the show promoters got the authorities involved so all of those people that bought those items will probably be hitting the bay and other places with them at some point.

So just a word to the wise if you see any items authenticated by GFA, don't buy them. Stephen Rocchi was the founder and President of PSA but unfortunately I think his credibility ended there after he left and founded the now defunct GIA and then founded GFA who has certified many of Posadas fakes.
I thoroughly despise scumbags like this. And honestly to get a job these days a lot of companies will check out your social media pages or even do simple Google checks. Maybe the National needs to start doing this for all of the people who apply to be vendors just to be on the safe side so they can weed out any snakes like this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app