User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Cards you have no idea are worth money

  1. #1
    Senior Member BBCgalaxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,351
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cards you have no idea are worth money

    For many reasons, there's always been cards which seem like commons but have a much greater value.

    Here's a couple:

    Jim Morris 2000 spx and Bowman Chrome:
    Disney made a movie about him and his very limited amount of cards make them popular.

    2001 Topps Traded Bat Ed Rogers
    It's been a long time but I believe it's very short printed and last I recall, they have sold for over $50

    2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Jerry Hairston jr.
    For whatever reason, the REGULAR version is non existent and has sold for around $100

    Also, a couple of 1994 Pinnacle Museum cards were redemptions and are very tough to find causing them to sell for a lot more than usual.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Last edited by BBCgalaxee; 08-16-2018 at 07:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many more "washed up" and "never were any good" players that people cling to for some reason. It is amazing to see some of the overinflated asking prices for guys that just plain sucked.

    New players too. These days it seems every IP auto is an $8-10 or more card. Whatever happened to picking up signed cards for a few bucks, especially before a player makes it big. Too much prospect hype,

    Lastly, I am wanting to add a Brian Dozier auto right now, as he just came to the Dodgers. Nothing extreme, but the guy is nothing special. I think the cheapest auto on COMC when I checked was $15-20! I still also don't understand why Puig is still so popular (expensive). The guy really has done nothing to write home about yet and may never will. He should be a $15 auto at most!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,609
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1994 Topps ABCD Contest Card.

    I got it in a pack from a '94 Topps wax box I paid $5 for about two years ago and thought it was a garbage card that was inserted into packs. Luckily I kept it with my commons because I later found out that it is coveted by Topps completists. I sold it on eBay for $90.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  4. #4
    Senior Member linuxabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to pick up the 08 Chrome Hairston Jr for $100! My data shows $250 - $300 when it comes up for sale.
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 2/17/2019

    2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 86.9% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 89/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 67/350

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,029
     piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the 2001 Bowman Chrome Ron Davenport auto still have a $250 floor?
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

  6. #6
    Senior Member clarkzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8,594
     zc3009
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    So many more "washed up" and "never were any good" players that people cling to for some reason. It is amazing to see some of the overinflated asking prices for guys that just plain sucked.

    New players too. These days it seems every IP auto is an $8-10 or more card. Whatever happened to picking up signed cards for a few bucks, especially before a player makes it big. Too much prospect hype,

    Lastly, I am wanting to add a Brian Dozier auto right now, as he just came to the Dodgers. Nothing extreme, but the guy is nothing special. I think the cheapest auto on COMC when I checked was $15-20! I still also don't understand why Puig is still so popular (expensive). The guy really has done nothing to write home about yet and may never will. He should be a $15 auto at most!
    Watch what you say about Dozier! He was special to us Twins fans. He's having a down year this year, but he was the clubhouse leader for the Twins. Plus, his magical 2016 season is still in all of us Twins fans minds. The problem with him, he had 2012 Finest RC autos, and then nothing until a few Panini releases last year, and now he's in major Topps releases this year.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    588
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again to you all on the thread! Just sold a 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Jerry Hairston this AM that I never would have found without you guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  8. #8
    Senior Member linuxabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Thanks again to you all on the thread! Just sold a 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Jerry Hairston this AM that I never would have found without you guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    You didnít sell it to me?!?!?? Dude!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never forget 8 years ago I sold a 1998 Topps tek Darin Erstad #35 pattern 1 On ebay. It had 19 bids and sold for $48.77. I was shocked, and it is something I will never forget. No it was not a defractor.

  10. #10
    Senior Member finestkind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,861
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember winning that 1994 Topps contest. I know I have the ABCD cards around some where. Buried

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find them I need em.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Therion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Looooooosiana!
    Posts
    5,276
     AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2002 Topps Gold Darryl Kile

    This card is non-existent. Gold set collectors will have a feeding frenzy when one shows up. Luckily I found one in a lot of random Cardinals cards.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    1994 Topps ABCD Contest Card.

    I got it in a pack from a '94 Topps wax box I paid $5 for about two years ago and thought it was a garbage card that was inserted into packs. Luckily I kept it with my commons because I later found out that it is coveted by Topps completists. I sold it on eBay for $90.
    I think I ended up with a few of these in a binder from an estate auction a few years ago. I think it had a complete set as well. Anyone have any pictures or scans of these?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    588
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be the pack inserted one, not the one sent back with the redeemed set (aka certified). Pack issued are rare b/c most were redeemed.




    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruitt2 View Post
    I think I ended up with a few of these in a binder from an estate auction a few years ago. I think it had a complete set as well. Anyone have any pictures or scans of these?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •