Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you have no idea are worth money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For many reasons, there's always been cards which seem like commons but have a much greater value.

Here's a couple:

Jim Morris 2000 spx and Bowman Chrome:
Disney made a movie about him and his very limited amount of cards make them popular.

2001 Topps Traded Bat Ed Rogers
It's been a long time but I believe it's very short printed and last I recall, they have sold for over $50

2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Jerry Hairston jr.
For whatever reason, the REGULAR version is non existent and has sold for around $100

Also, a couple of 1994 Pinnacle Museum cards were redemptions and are very tough to find causing them to sell for a lot more than usual.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
So many more "washed up" and "never were any good" players that people cling to for some reason. It is amazing to see some of the overinflated asking prices for guys that just plain sucked.

New players too. These days it seems every IP auto is an $8-10 or more card. Whatever happened to picking up signed cards for a few bucks, especially before a player makes it big. Too much prospect hype,

Lastly, I am wanting to add a Brian Dozier auto right now, as he just came to the Dodgers. Nothing extreme, but the guy is nothing special. I think the cheapest auto on COMC when I checked was $15-20! I still also don't understand why Puig is still so popular (expensive). The guy really has done nothing to write home about yet and may never will. He should be a $15 auto at most!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
1994 Topps ABCD Contest Card.

I got it in a pack from a '94 Topps wax box I paid $5 for about two years ago and thought it was a garbage card that was inserted into packs. Luckily I kept it with my commons because I later found out that it is coveted by Topps completists. I sold it on eBay for $90.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I would love to pick up the 08 Chrome Hairston Jr for $100! My data shows $250 - $300 when it comes up for sale.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Does the 2001 Bowman Chrome Ron Davenport auto still have a $250 floor?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
So many more "washed up" and "never were any good" players that people cling to for some reason. It is amazing to see some of the overinflated asking prices for guys that just plain sucked.

New players too. These days it seems every IP auto is an $8-10 or more card. Whatever happened to picking up signed cards for a few bucks, especially before a player makes it big. Too much prospect hype,

Lastly, I am wanting to add a Brian Dozier auto right now, as he just came to the Dodgers. Nothing extreme, but the guy is nothing special. I think the cheapest auto on COMC when I checked was $15-20! I still also don't understand why Puig is still so popular (expensive). The guy really has done nothing to write home about yet and may never will. He should be a $15 auto at most!

Watch what you say about Dozier! He was special to us Twins fans. He's having a down year this year, but he was the clubhouse leader for the Twins. Plus, his magical 2016 season is still in all of us Twins fans minds. The problem with him, he had 2012 Finest RC autos, and then nothing until a few Panini releases last year, and now he's in major Topps releases this year.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I will never forget 8 years ago I sold a 1998 Topps tek Darin Erstad #35 pattern 1 On ebay. It had 19 bids and sold for $48.77. I was shocked, and it is something I will never forget. No it was not a defractor.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
2002 Topps Gold Darryl Kile

This card is non-existent. Gold set collectors will have a feeding frenzy when one shows up. Luckily I found one in a lot of random Cardinals cards.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
1994 Topps ABCD Contest Card.

I got it in a pack from a '94 Topps wax box I paid $5 for about two years ago and thought it was a garbage card that was inserted into packs. Luckily I kept it with my commons because I later found out that it is coveted by Topps completists. I sold it on eBay for $90.

I think I ended up with a few of these in a binder from an estate auction a few years ago. I think it had a complete set as well. Anyone have any pictures or scans of these?

Spmjm

Feb 10, 2018
2002 Topps Gold Darryl Kile

This card is non-existent. Gold set collectors will have a feeding frenzy when one shows up. Luckily I found one in a lot of random Cardinals cards.

Just picked one up actually. Is it really that HTF? 🤔

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Just picked one up actually. Is it really that HTF?

You’re the one that got it for $3 @&”$ing dollars on eBay? I hate you so much. Out of jealousy, not actual hate.

It popped up in my search e-mail but was already gone.

It’s only the second copy I’ve ever seen.

EDIT: I now see it was a cross listed card on COMC. So you could have grabbed it in either place.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
You’re the one that got it for $3 @&”$ing dollars on eBay? I hate you so much. Out of jealousy, not actual hate.

It popped up in my search e-mail but was already gone.

It’s only the second copy I’ve ever seen.

EDIT: I now see it was a cross listed card on COMC. So you could have grabbed it in either place.

Did they pull them after DK died or something? Shouldn't there be 2002 of them just like the rest of 2002 Topps Golds?

Members online