Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Fleer Precious Metal Gems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tb3nn3tt

Jul 23, 2018
Hey guys,

I was going through some old cards and found this Kerry Wood 'Caught on the Fly' Precious Metal Gems numbered out of 50. I searched out the auction sites and could only find one similar card (both in available and completed) - a Cal Ripken where the owner is asking $800. Are these cards that rare?? Is there a Kerry Wood collector anywhere on here that might have been searching for one of these?

kw_front.jpg

kw_back.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Love the PMGs!! Good number of them shown off in the super sweet 90s thread. I've got a Tim Wakefield and it's one of my favorites in my collection. I got lucky and got mine cheap I've only seen one other and it went about 4x what I paid.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Nowhere near that price. More in the $15-$30 range. They are rare but Wood isn't highly collected anymore, and there are 50 copies out there. I bought a Kerry Wood card I would consider fairly similar - a 2000 Skybox Extreme Rubies /50 - for $10 recently. The "Caught on the Fly" subset cards are kinda ugly too, and typically brought less than the Precious Metal Gold /50 version of the player's normal base card (like the Grace card below from the same product).

99FLEERMETALGOLD.jpg

tb3nn3tt

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the info, guys!!

(I agree with you GraceCollector - if this card just didn't have the ugly 'caught on the fly' image in the top left, it would be a gorgeous card)

I was going to just throw it up for auction, but it seems like odd timing for anyone to be hunting out Kerry Wood haha... if anyone knows of a KW collector, shoot me a message! Not looking to fill up my piggy bank, just figured it might be a rare card to come across.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
I think it’s cool as hell. And a pmg at that! I’m surprised that wouldn’t pull in decent money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk