Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dont look at completed auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Just went through some Bernie completed auctions, dam i missed a couple of steals. what a crappy feeling.:evil:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I don't look often, this past winter I saw a Wakefield that went BIN for a ridiculously low price, I was mad for about a week. It was the 2007 triple threads "knucklers" gold with wilhelm and niekro, I've never seen another gold.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I always do and it is becoming more frequent that I find great items that I missed due to BINs. I think there is a way to get alerts when new items are listed. I have not looked into it because it was rarely an issue in the past, but more and more people are looking for the quick sale and using BINs. Add in the fact that I have one relatively new competitor who will seemingly pay ANYTHING for a new card as long as he wins the first one). That and I have a job and can't just take time out of my day all the time to play on ebay.

The oddest one showed up today actually though. On the completed page, it showed sold with 1 bid for $100. When I clicked on the item to see if I could determine who won it, the listing showed sold for $1.25! It was a Garvey AU/GU card #6/25 (his jersey number), something I chase whenever possible. I know who the buyer is (an older rival and one of the few who I will communicate with still) and have messaged him to see if he really got the damn thing for just over a buck!!

I need to know what I missed, in case it is limited. Plus I track all low serial numbered sales (under 50 copies) and have now for years.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Sold listings are such a double edged sword. I look at them, and sometimes I'll find something relevant or interesting to my PC. But most of the time it sucks. Recently I saw a pair of 1998 Score Stand Up Guys sample cards sell for $10 BIN, before I even had a chance to see the listing, then the buyer relisted them immediately for $50 each. Damn!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I guess it's a great thing that I only look at completed listings when formulating a snipe of something I want but haven't been watching those items long enough to have a good idea of ebay value.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I'm dealing with this right now. I check sold listings several times a day and I missed one by a few hours because I was mowing the lawn. Guy sold a card I'm happy to pay $300 for with a buy it now for $95. One of the 90's inserts holy grails, a card I've only seen one other copy of in 7 years, and a card the previous Mariano Rivera supercollector had never seen in 8 years and said it was his #1 want. I'm guessing it was purchased by a flipper and certainly not someone as into Mariano cards as I am.

I messaged the seller offering $200, he replied but has been MIA since. It's driving me crazy.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'm dealing with this right now. I check sold listings several times a day and I missed one by a few hours because I was mowing the lawn. Guy sold a card I'm happy to pay $300 for with a buy it now for $95. One of the 90's inserts holy grails, a card I've only seen one other copy of in 7 years, and a card the previous Mariano Rivera supercollector had never seen in 8 years and said it was his #1 want. I'm guessing it was purchased by a flipper and certainly not someone as into Mariano cards as I am.

I messaged the seller offering $200, he replied but has been MIA since. It's driving me crazy.

i missed a stand and deliver red letter for 36 dollars. i was beside myself.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
i missed a stand and deliver red letter for 36 dollars. i was beside myself.

That's why I search sold listings, if you miss something like that you can try messaging the seller right away before they ship it. The seller hasn't emailed me back so I upped my offer to $300. Guy is killing me here.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
That's why I search sold listings, if you miss something like that you can try messaging the seller right away before they ship it. The seller hasn't emailed me back so I upped my offer to $300. Guy is killing me here.

That's bush league...a pretty low move. You wouldn't like it if a seller did that to something you won; you shouldn't try to do it to others.

Members online