Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Topps Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
So, at lunch I decide to run to Target to get a loaf of bread. I had to stop and check the cards, even though my local store rarely has anything good.

Well apparently they stocked the card section today. I didn't even know they were doing Topps Fire again this year.
2018 Topps Fire.jpg
If I have time I'll post what I got.

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I can't go to target either without stopping at the cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So Topps released a set without any announcement, fanfare, checklist, or anything? Huh. This strikes me like one of those "let's go against the grain" marketing tactics, probably generated by a focus group in a conference room.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
No idea if it's true, but supposedly Topps has a requirement to release so many sets a year, so this is probably one they just throw out there to meet the requirement. And all this time I figured they were just trying to milk every cent out of the market.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I agree not the best looking set.

Looks like there are at least 8 parallels (Flame, Gold, Orange /299, Green /199, Purple /99, Magenta /25, Onyx/10? & Inferno/1?) There are also auto's, relics and inserts that pretty much have the same parallels.

2018 Topps Fire 2.jpg
Gold Sisco, Flame Bell, Green Judge 103/199, Orange Longoria 125/299 and a base relic of Francisco Mejia.

2018 Topps Fire 1.jpg
Magenta McCutchen 15/25 and base auto of Matt Chapman.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Last year's Fire was a huge seller on Sportlots for me, at one point the base Judges were going for $12 each. One of my semi-local Targets had it, bought a bunch, and I think it might be another winner. The designs may be questionable, but at least Topps did something besides rehash the clichéd 1952 design for the thousandth time.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Last year's Fire was a huge seller on Sportlots for me, at one point the base Judges were going for $12 each. One of my semi-local Targets had it, bought a bunch, and I think it might be another winner. The designs may be questionable, but at least Topps did something besides rehash the clichéd 1952 design for the thousandth time.

I bought a bunch from you!

I happened to be at Target just yesterday and mine did not have any.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I may have spoken too soon. Some of the parallels look fantastic on ebay. I'm not sure any of the scans in this thread do some of the better looking cards justice. Let me see if I can find a good one.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Like last year, there appears to be three base designs. The design featured most prominently in this thread so far is my least favorite. But this design looks great to me. And when you pair it with the mirror/refractory effect of the parallels, it looks awesome:

attachment.php

It also appears that their designs are much more friendly to the onyx parallel which is like a black mirror effect. It really only worked with one of the patterns last year (in my opinion).

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Well, I bought some. Last year I got taken to the cleaners by this product, so I guess I didn't learn because I got shut out again. At least I didn't buy nearly as much. I just want to get in on some rarities and there's none listed. I would have been all over that Nolan Ryan Onyx that didn't last 12 hours had I seen it.

Members online