Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Let there be a day or something between draft and the actual break. This will allow guys to trade or sell the rights to certain things. That will make it much more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Let there be a day or something between draft and the actual break. This will allow guys to trade or sell the rights to certain things. That will make it much more fun.

I think this was mentioned in a previous post, and I completely agree as well. By the way have we discussed how the draft works? Will we try to do it live? Or once the random is done post it to the board with a lengthier timeline to make picks?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I think this was mentioned in a previous post, and I completely agree as well. By the way have we discussed how the draft works? Will we try to do it live? Or once the random is done post it to the board with a lengthier timeline to make picks?

Live draft. No day picked yet.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
We’ve been asking for input on the player line up. What’s your suggestion for adds and removes? Let’s hear it.

Mostly referring to the products - they just aren't my jam. Cue George's picture of the Tony Clark Mirror Golds LOL

They aren't in every product listed, but Papi, Beltre, and Canseco should be in. Rickey's kinda hit-and-miss. I know they have great career steroid numbers, but Raffy and Sheff are two that I would say should be dismissed. I take it Bernie and O'Neill have a following?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mostly referring to the products - they just aren't my jam. Cue George's picture of the Tony Clark Mirror Golds LOL

They aren't in every product listed, but Papi, Beltre, and Canseco should be in. Rickey's kinda hit-and-miss. I know they have great career steroid numbers, but Raffy and Sheff are two that I would say should be dismissed. I take it Bernie and O'Neill have a following?

It’s probably too late now but you could remove those guys and maybe one more and then split the AL and NL teams into two buckets. Would still leave you with 32 spots and four guys would be drawing teams, not players.

I’ll be honest. I can’t say that I disagree with you though. This is going to be a complete gamble but I’m doing it for the fun and stuff. I doubt anyone hits a career hobby pull but still fun to do.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS: 90's Break

First, I don’t want to change anything this late in the process.

Second, it would make sense to me to let the first 30 people in the draft pick any player they want. If someone wants Jeff Frye, more power to them. It’s their money. Picks 31 and 32 would be the NL and AL slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

Second, it would make sense to me to let the first 30 people in the draft pick any player they want. If someone wants Jeff Frye, more power to them. It’s there money. Picks 31 and 32 would be the NL and AL slots.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011

Second, it would make sense to me to let the first 30 people in the draft pick any player they want. If someone wants Jeff Frye, more power to them. It’s their money. Picks 31 and 32 would be the NL and AL slots.

It's certainly isn't too late, and I really love this idea. 1 - 31 are "pick your player" and 32/33 are AL/NL slots. This keeps the bottom slots interesting. I have a feeling those AL/NL slots will be way more popular than people realize.

I'm going to update the first post now.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] - makes more sense now :)

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
If it is pick your player, if I can have cal Ripken I am in for it.

It's pick your slot, then draft your player after the slots are randomized. You may get Cal if no one chooses him before you. Would you still like a slot?

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS: 90's Break

I would let 32 pick between AL or NL. 33 gets what’s left.

Yes, it could get interesting. People may actually ‘trade up’ to the 32/33 slots. A lot of potential for those spots as a consolation for not getting your player. Hell, you may even still get your player!

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

It's alright, man. You can say Rusty Greer LOL Really you should get both guys... (Frye pictured)

1995 Pinnacle - [Base] - Museum Collection #253 - Rusty Greer
Courtesy of COMC.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts