Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
For the next break (assuming there is one), I think the AL/NL selections should be draftable, just like any player. I don't like that the AL & NL selections automatically go to the last two slots - no slot should be automatically given a selection. Everyone should have a chance at those selections, just like they do with any player.

Yes, it's a gamble if someone takes the AL/NL selection with the 5th pick because one doesn't know who all will be included but that adds strategy and further encourages trading. Not directing this towards anyone or blaming - just sharing a suggestion for the next one.

Totally agree the NL/AL slots should be draftable... However, I’m just happy to be involved in a 90s break

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am glad to be involved in this break first of all. Thanks for hosting it.

If this is done again as a player collector and a team collector I would recommend one of the following. First sell spots for whats left of each team after the initial player picks, Or let each player slot have an additional pick of a team after the player draft picks are done.

Jul 22, 2016
For the next break (assuming there is one), I think the AL/NL selections should be draftable, just like any player. I don't like that the AL & NL selections automatically go to the last two slots - no slot should be automatically given a selection. Everyone should have a chance at those selections, just like they do with any player.

Yes, it's a gamble if someone takes the AL/NL selection with the 5th pick because one doesn't know who all will be included but that adds strategy and further encourages trading. Not directing this towards anyone or blaming - just sharing a suggestion for the next one.

Agreed. I would have taken in an instant over star players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I had brought up being able to draft AL/NL spots early in the process. I'll be keeping my spot because I think it's a desireable one to have. I think the benefit of a forum like this is that even if you draft a star and might be looking for someone in the leftover pile we generally know who people player collect so I don't expect people not be able to make a deal for who/what they want.
I think a team break like this could be a lot of fun as well, lots of different ways to handle a break like this, I think [MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION] has done a great job and I hope it sparks more interest for someone to do another one with a different style/set up.
It's alot like fantasy baseball for me, I love draft day, I do two money leagues and we draft in person, it's one of my favorite days of the year, the season is a grind. Following this thread has been great, the actual break will be agonizing waiting for a hit that might not come.

mattglet

Aug 14, 2017
NH
UPDATED LIST
===========

1. 1. soxcolts-- chose FRANK THOMAS
2. 22 Aumike1976-- chose KEN GRIFFEY JR
3. 7. Tidel144 -- chose DEREK JETER
4. 18. Gwynn545--chose TONY GWYNN
5. 25. JuanLastTime- chose JUAN GONZALEZ
6 .4. Banjar--chose ROBERTO ALOMAR
7. 14. Joey_Peapod--chose CAL RIPKEN JR
8. 28. cubfan131-- chose SAMMY SOSA
9. 21. Letch77--chose ALEX RODRIGUEZ
10. 11. Caster513--chose CHIPPER JONES
11. 3. Therion--chose MIKE PIAZZA
12. 29. CardboardRectangles--chose BARRY LARKIN
13. 26. maetracewslover—chose JEFF BAGWELL
14. 13. Linuxabuser—chose BARRY BONDS
15. 10. Bane50--chose MARK MCGWIRE
16. 33. verdammt--chose GREG MADDUX
17. 32. BenG76--chose IVAN RODRIGUEZ
18. 20. Sonic311--chose VLADIMIR GUERRERO
19. 30. mattglet--chose JOSE CANSECO
20. 8. Mansgame--chose ALBERT BELLE
21. 2. jeffv96masters--chose NOMAR GARCIAPARRA
22. 5. Michaelstepper--chose EDGAR MARTINEZ
23. 27. cubfan131--chose ROGER CLEMENS
24. 15. athletics07--chose HIDEO NOMO
25. 24. Joey_Peapod--chose CHAN HO PARK
26. 2.jeffv96masters--chose PEDRO MARTINEZ
27. 2. jeffv96masters--chose TODD HELTON
28. 9. Letch77--chose RANDY JOHNSON
29. 31. BenG76-- chose FRED MCGRIFF
30. 16. Therion-- chose MANNY RAMIREZ

31. 23. [MENTION=4433]Brandt504[/MENTION]--at bat!

32. 12. [MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION]--on deck!
33. 17. [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION]--in the hole!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION] you want AL or NL? [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] gets the other and then we're DONE. BOOM!

Members online

Latest posts