Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
It's certainly isn't too late, and I really love this idea. 1 - 31 are "pick your player" and 32/33 are AL/NL slots. This keeps the bottom slots interesting. I have a feeling those AL/NL slots will be way more popular than people realize.

I'm going to update the first post now.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] - makes more sense now :)

Could even take it one step further by allowing anyone to pick NL/AL with their slot pick. Meaning the Jeff Frye collector could choose AL with his slot even if it’s slot one and he “should” get all the Frye cards plus the extra AL cards, this of course assuming no one picks Frye with their pick...

Kevin

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I like the idea of pick your player, any player. BUT I don’t like the idea of not being able to take AL or NL unless you’re last pick. What if I want to take AL with first pick?! Let me know. I might only want one spot if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I like the idea of pick your player, any player. BUT I don’t like the idea of not being able to take AL or NL unless you’re last pick. What if I want to take AL with first pick?! Let me know. I might only want one spot if that’s the case.

The reason for that is because every other player pick after your “all players slot” will take value away from you.

With those 2 picks last, you know exactly who you are (aren’t) getting.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I'll take a spot if there's any room left.

Apologies if it's been answered in the preceding 10 pages but are we funding up front? So if we get some BO's on these boxes can the excess be used for more boxes in the break?

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
The reason for that is because every other player pick after your “all players slot” will take value away from you.

With those 2 picks last, you know exactly who you are (aren’t) getting.

I wouldn’t exactly explain it like that. The way I see it is that this is a ‘Player Break’. You should have to pick a player.

Now:
1. Something has to be done with the remaining cards.
2. Number 32/33 have potentially missed out on all the ‘good’ players. Keeps them from getting totally shut out.
3. As I said earlier, you can always try to ‘trade up’ to the 32/33 slot if you want.

Only negative thing I see with this situation is say spots 20-30 get stuck with a ‘lower tier’ star that they really don’t collect. But that was probably going to happen anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I probably missed it in an earlier post but let's pretend I get the first pick in the draft, but is there any reason I couldn't pick the AL or NL slot first and just gamble on who I get, or don't get? I'm not sure why that has to be relegated to the last two picks.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
If I don’t get Griffey I was going to pick the NL slot as my pick as I want Nomo/Chan HO Park. So now I can’t just pick NL slot!?

I think the original way it’s set up is perfect. If you want Jeff fry then get the al spot

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If I don’t get Griffey I was going to pick the NL slot as my pick as I want Nomo/Chan HO Park. So now I can’t just pick NL slot!?

I think the original way it’s set up is perfect. If you want Jeff fry then get the al spot

Sounds like last two spots get the AL and NL. If you are an earlier spot, you could draft Nomo or Chan HO... or both as a combo, I don’t care haha... I’m sure whoever gets the NL will give them to you, I will if that’s the case.

Let’s get this thing going. Sooner the better haha

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am in for two spots. This should be a fun break to watch. I remember the one from several years ago.

Also if you ever decide to do this again possibly consider adding slots for whats left of each team. I had the Cubs in the one several years ago and got a PMG of a more common player. It was still a killer hit though. Also this could lessen the cost per spot since you would have to basically double the number of spots.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This is cool. I know the odds of me hitting a card I need for my pic are microscopic, but I'm pumped to watch the break anyway. Just waiting on buy in instructions...

Members online