Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I'm looking at the 90s draft and see our very own [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION] picked Alomar with Ripken, Arod, Mcgwire, Canseco still on the boards.... thats what I call a true fan, damn! :eek:
Were you tempted to pick a more popular player and then buy triple the Alomar cards with the potential profits?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yep, just had to. Feeling my PC's ubiquity! However, this collection is absolutely the worst investment I've ever made in my life. No point in starting to make smart financial decisions now...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
JV just pumped a baby into a supermodel, no way he'd risk taking roids. I wouldn't risk my testicles with Kate Upton in play.
I think it's just a better than average season from a pitcher benefiting from more batters swinging out of their shoes. Also in Houston he's playing with a lead more and is probably more likely to attack hitters rather than paint the corners.

He actually receives much less run support than one would think. He's lost 6 games where he's giving up 2 or fewer runs in 6+ innings (5 of them in which he only gave up 1 or no earned runs) & only once has he earned a win when he's giving up more than 3 runs. He'd actually have a much better record if he received adequate run support.

Better than average? If he's simply having an above average season then there is only one pitcher in the AL having a season considered better than above average, as his 6.0 fWAR is 2nd only to Chris Sale. Of course, advanced metrics can be deceiving but even his traditional stats are among the elite. He's 1st in strikeouts, innings pitched & strikeout to walk (K:BB) ratio; 2nd in WHIP & BB/9 rate; 3rd in K/9 rate & FIP; 4th in ERA & 5th in wins (not that wins mean anything). At this point the only other AL pitchers giving JV a run for his money at the Cy Young award are Gerrit Cole, Blake Snell and maybe Chris Sale. I say *maybe* because while he obviously has the best pitching rates (ERA, FIP, WHIP) in the AL he's still only put up 150 IP (52 less than Verlander) in 25 games which is just barely enough to consider him a qualifier. I'd include Bauer too but due to injuries he won't pitch more than 166 IP (25 games) in the regular season which is enough for him to get some votes but unlikely enough to finish top 3. I suppose Corey Kluber is still a dark horse candidate.

Will Verlander win the Cy Young? I dunno (if I were to guess I'd say no cuz some idiot voters will snub him again by going with a pitcher with more wins *gag*), but he'd certainly finish in the top 3 if the season ended today & I generally consider a season when a pitcher finishes top 5 in Cy Young voting to be great, excellent or elite....just better than above average.

Now I'm wondering to myself why I decided to dedicate such time researching stats to make this meaningless post..................probably the drugs....lots and lots of drugs (as [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] would say)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, just had to. Feeling my PC's ubiquity! However, this collection is absolutely the worst investment I've ever made in my life. No point in starting to make smart financial decisions now...

The first time you swing from "fun picks" to "money picks" it seems to end bad anyways. You would have taken Canseco or someone then gotten none of him pulled in packs, and tons of Alomars. Then it would have been neither fun nor money.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Fatass Vogelbach with a pinch hit grand slam!!!! :cool: He isn't as fat as when he was a Cub but it looks like he put a few lbs back on that he lost this winter.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ohtani/Pujols?

after this we should guess Vogelbachs breast cup size. I'm thinking a 38C.

boob expert [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION], what do you think????

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Here ya go! What a crappy picture!
18350514d2da67485e584f9418422de5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
wow, very nice!! it looks like Bryant is laughing at how constipated Trout is!! I guess that's from all the roids! :ugeek:

btw, my auto gamble came in the mail today and didn't quite go well. :? I was thinking mainly it could be forged with a small chance at being real. Turns out option #3.... it was a real strange facsimile. :confused:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Thank you thank you! I have been a fan of both players since Bryant came up. And to have a dual on card auto of them both.....its a whale I have chased and now landed. I wanted the 2016 Bowmans Best dual auto but never could hit one. This will do.

What was your gamble?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Bryant/Trout is a monster! Congrats. I really like the tier one designs this year with the laces and what not.

Thanks brother. I know Kris has had a down year with the injuries, but hey, they are both superstars and command lots of hobby love. I do agree, this year's design was really nice. I didn't open any but I wanted to. I wasn't expecting it to be #'d to 5 either. That was a nice bonus.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts