Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He is going to end up about 20+ lbs bigger than peak Barry Bonds. Idk what power numbers that will translate to but its going to be nuts.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If my math is correct he has a 13.6 AB/HR ratio so far, which is scary for someone still improving. All-time top 5 are

1. McGwire 10.6
2. Ruth 11.7
3. Bonds 12.9
4. Thome 13.7
5. Schlongcarlo 13.7

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
The big man, Mr. JV just set a career high in season strikeouts...with 11 more tonight (so far) he's at 280 which leads the AL.

This is where Verlander ranks in the AL statistical categories (among qualifying pitchers):

280 Strikeouts - 1st
7.78 K:BB - 1st
0.91 WHIP - 1st
208 IP - 1st
25 Quality Starts - 1st
6.0 fWAR - 2nd (before tonight's start...he'll be in 1st when the game is over)
12.13 K/9 - 2nd
1.56 BB/9 - 2nd
2.60 ERA - 3rd
2.85 FIP - 3rd
3.07 xFIP - 3rd

So pretty much top 3 in every meaningful category out there. He ranks 5th in wins but I said every "meaningful" category, not meaningless.

To those who follow sabermetrics closely you might be asking, but doesn't Chris Sale have a higher fWAR? The answer would be yes but he's no longer a qualifier, as he's missed too much of the season. That would make his fWAR even more impressive but just like ERA, WHIP, etc. fangraphs will not rank them if they don't pitch the minimum IP required to qualify.

Beast mode alert! Dude is ripped...does he cage fight on his days off?

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The AL Cy Young race is a close one and it'll likely come down to Verlander, Cole, Snell & Kluber.

My biggest worry is that JV will get snubbed again by writers who still deem the win loss record as something that is actually important and go with Snell like they did Ralph Porcelain in 2016. Blake Snell has had an incredible season for sure but he just barely qualifies to rank among the league leaders in stats. He's pitched 40 fewer innings, struck out 80 fewer batters while walking 22 more, has a FIP over 20 points higher and 2 full WAR less.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I have been a fan of a few Superhero franchises but leery of Spiderman. I mean that clearly is a dude shooting **** on his enemies which is not cool. I liked the 2002 film but this is when I was a bit younger and didn't understand what "webbing" is. :-| The Gamecube game that went with that movie was fun though.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I’ve considered buying a PS just to play that game. Loved all the previous incarnations. Don’t have much time for gaming in my life though so I’m banking that time up for Red Dead in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I’ve considered buying a PS just to play that game. Loved all the previous incarnations. Don’t have much time for gaming in my life though so I’m banking that time up for Red Dead in a few weeks

I had to google to see what that is and this is the first article I see....

https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/09/22/red-dead-redemption-2s-dynamic-horse-********-physics-are-nuts

:shock:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That's one of those things where if you know it exists on purpose its too distracting to play... exactly why I like vintage gaming. They know how to do a true "Easter egg" ;-)

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
And yet another game where Verlander will not get the win due to a complete lack of run support pitching at home. He could have 20 wins too if he ever received any.

Not that matters...

My brother said it was really good.
I didn't realize u were such a G BO had a thread dedicated to unbanning u.
Mariners eliminated from playoffs.

View attachment 83376
3ad003cc02dda853294dfb5481a53f58.gif

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
We should all go back to BO and have a secret contest here of who can stay notbanned the longest. (while still acting like ourselves)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My biggest hesitance in purchasing the game were my worries about how difficult the controls may be. All of my friends who have played it told me they are super easy. I could have seen them being extremely difficult, but I think it’s basically R1 and R2 to web shoot and release, which is a lot more simple than I figured it would be. So I’m going to give it a shot. I’ve been checking all the Red Box locations and our local Family Video the last few weeks to try and rent it, but it’s not been available. I was at Target tonight and just decided to buy it. It might be a few days before I’m able to play it though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I bought my PS4 specifically for MLB The Show, and it’s been one of the best purchases I’ve ever made in my life. Not too long after buying it we cut the cord from DirecTV and started using PS Vue, and that cut our cable bill by over $100 a month, and we will get basically the same service. We use it for Netflix, WWE Network, and just about everything else. I have an Apple TV for screen mirroring purposes, and Amazon Fire Box for Kodi too, but overall we still usually only use the PS for everything.

Buy one, you’ll love it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yankees announce they will do a LGBTqD2R day next year. All teams now have LGBTqD2R days . . . Just don't book it on "take your dog to the park" day, things could get freaky. :???:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I didn't realize u were such a G BO had a thread dedicated to unbanning u.
3ad003cc02dda853294dfb5481a53f58.gif

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and some good that thread did me.

Over on BO people either loved me or hated me.....on here it's more like they either hate me of find me too insignificant to care about one way or the other. I think people found me more entertaining (or irritating) when I was doped up on bath salts, crank, uppers/downers, zingers, zangers, glue & paint. Being on the wagon is like going from Ghostbusters/Groundhog Day Bill Murray to Lost in Translation Bill Murray.

Yankees announce they will do a LGBTqD2R day next year. All teams now have LGBTqD2R days . . . Just don't book it on "take your dog to the park" day, things could get freaky. :???:

I've been known to dabble with lesbianism while cross dressing as a homosexual transgender unisex on bark in the park night. After all, I've been told I'm an excellent multi tasker.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Blake Snell just did his best Justin Verlander impression by striking out 11 in 6.2 IP on a scoreless outing. He got his 21st win of the season which worries me cuz the old school voters who still care about wins will be licking their chops to give him some 1st place votes. However, while reading mlb.com's article I was surprised to hear this...

"Snell's AL Cy Young Award resume is only lacking innings pitched. He's only thrown 175 2/3 innings this season due to an extended period on the 10-day disabled list with left shoulder fatigue. If he wins the AL Cy Young Award, he would become the first AL starter to capture the Award without logging 200 innings in a non-strike shortened season."

I believe these four pitchers are the top AL Cy Young candidates

Justin Verlander 34 G, 208 IP: 16-9, 2.60 ERA (2.85 FIP/3.08 xFIP) 280 SO (12.1 K/9, 1.6 BB/9, 7.78 K/BB) 0.91 WHIP, 6.4 fWAR
Blake Snell 30 G, 175.2 IP: 21-5, 1.90 ERA (2.98 FIP/3.16 xFIP) 211 SO (10.8 K/9, 3.1 BB/9, 3.52 K/BB) 0.96 WHIP, 4.4 fWAR
Corey Kluber 31 G, 203 IP: 19-7, 2.93 ERA (3.24 FIP/3.13 xFIP) 205 SO (9.1 K/9, 1.4 BB/9, 6.61 K/BB) 0.98 WHIP, 4.9 fWAR
Gerrit Cole 31 G, 194.1 IP: 15-5, 2.92 ERA (2.71 FIP/2.98 xFIP) 272 SO (12.6 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 4.32 K/BB) 1.03 WHIP, 6.1 fWAR

Chris Sale & Trevor Bauer have also both put up Cy Young type numbers but neither have logged in more than 170 IP which is just not enough IMO.

Latest posts