Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
My head says Verlander should win but my heart wants to see the kid get his credit. Snell barely made the all Star game when he could have easily started it. Wins aside a case can be made for a number of people I think Verlander tops the list but I'd be fine with either of them. Not that 2.60 is anything to scoff at but a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think all the awards should have interesting votes, lots of guys had great seasons and not many ran away with anything, my votes for each award with moderate to little thought:
MVP- Mookie - Yelich
CY-Verlander - DeGrom
ROY-Andujar - Acuna

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think all the awards should have interesting votes, lots of guys had great seasons and not many ran away with anything, my votes for each award with moderate to little thought:
MVP- Mookie - Yelich
CY-Verlander - DeGrom
ROY-Andujar - Acuna

Yeah these 6 are the most likely outcomes... although some races still have wiggle room with the final few games of the season.

The craziest possibility is Acuna winning the MVP but losing the ROY (which seems impossible but the way I understand it different people vote for each category)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
My head says Verlander should win but my heart wants to see the kid get his credit. Snell barely made the all Star game when he could have easily started it. Wins aside a case can be made for a number of people I think Verlander tops the list but I'd be fine with either of them. Not that 2.60 is anything to scoff at but a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn...

'" a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn...a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn..."
That's another reason Snell should be the Cy Young winner.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
MVP- Mookie - Yelich
CY-Verlander - DeGrom
ROY-Andujar - Acuna

This is pretty much how I'd personally vote although when it comes to the AL ROY I'm a little torn between Ohtani & Andujar. I mean, while Ohtani only had 51.2 IP as a pitcher, it's pretty impressive to see a two-way player with a 3.31 ERA/3.56 FIP *and* 20 home runs with a .923 OPS as a hitter but then I realize he's just a DH while Andujar takes the field. Some really impressive numbers for him too. Honestly I'd be fine if either one of them were to win it.

Yeah these 6 are the most likely outcomes... although some races still have wiggle room with the final few games of the season.

The craziest possibility is Acuna winning the MVP but losing the ROY (which seems impossible but the way I understand it different people vote for each category)

While I'd love to see Acuna walk away with an MVP award on his first season in the bigs as a 19 year old, I think he's missed too much of the season (roughly 50 games) to realistically win it. Plus, what Christian Yelich has done this year is pretty damn impressive. Leads the league in batting average (and OPS) with 30+ home runs, 20+ stolen bases & 100+ runs scored.

'" a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn...a 1.90 era in the AL east!? Damn..."
That's another reason Snell should be the Cy Young winner.

While I'm obviously Verlander biased, I still think you bring up a good point. The fact he pitched in the AL East never seemed to cross my mind but it certainly makes his credentials all that more impressive.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
F*cking Bud Norris.

The Cardinals have a runner on 3rd with one out. Walk someone to set up the double play......for Bud Norris to immediately throw the ball away on a pick-off attempt at 1B, runner scores.

Idiot.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
F*cking Bud Norris.

The Cardinals have a runner on 3rd with one out. Walk someone to set up the double play......for Bud Norris to immediately throw the ball away on a pick-off attempt at 1B, runner scores.

Idiot.

You guys need the Edwin ding **** diddly Diaz for the 9th.. seriously, someone trade for him before he completely gets wasted on this sht team.

I will remove that pic you mentioned btw since I just realized its of Gilmore and Beckett having a bro moment ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Matt Harvey says he would sign with "all but one team" next year, is this referring to not coming back to the Mets? .. or someone else? I don't get it.

Members online