Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Right now with 2 baserunners on in a 5-0 it would count as a save situation.... yet no Diaz. It seems this team sucks enough that they should trade an elite closer for everyday milbers. I've heard rumors already of Diaz next year going to Braves, Yankees, Dodgers.

The Braves would welcome Diaz with open arms. For a playoff team we have an incredibly awful bullpen with no legit closer or even setup man. Braves will not go deep into the playoffs unless they have a 6 run lead going into the 7th inning every game and even then we've blown bigger leads than that...on multiple occasions.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
NL ROY Chase

Ronald Acuna - .299 avg/.375 OBP/.587 slg% 25 HR 55 RBI .962 OPS 14 SB (54 XBH 71 Runs) 4.5 bWAR/4.1 fWAR 154 wRC+
Juan Soto - .305 avg/.418 OBP/.536 slg% 20 HR 63 RBI .954 OPS 2 SB (43 XBH 70 Runs) 2.8 bWAR/3.6 fWAR 153 wRC+

Jack Flaherty 8-7 Record 2.86 ERA/3.76 FIP/3.51 xFIP (138.1 IP) 168 SO (10.9 K/9 3.4 BB/9) 1.06 WHIP 3.2 bWAR/2.3 fWAR
Walker Buehler 7-5 Record 2.88 ERA/3.14 FIP/3.17 xFIP (118.2 IP) 131 SO (9.9 K/9 2.4 BB/9) 0.99 WHIP 3.1 bWAR/2.6 fWAR

These four rookies along with Harrison Bader (I didn't post his stats because his value mostly comes from his defense and he doesn't lead in any statistical category except stolen bases) will make up the top 5 in ROY voting. All I know is that Acuna & Soto will fill up the first two spots.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The Braves would welcome Diaz with open arms. For a playoff team we have an incredibly awful bullpen with no legit closer or even setup man. Braves will not go deep into the playoffs unless they have a 6 run lead going into the 7th inning every game and even then we've blown bigger leads than that...on multiple occasions.

They just need to avoid trading for overrated Blake Treinen next year. That guy is going to implode some point soon after having a FIP of double his ERA this year and usually being much worse than this. Oakland likes to sell high no matter the player so I think they will try to dump him.

As for Diaz he is still 24 with skipping AAA a few years ago so I'd say this is genuine growth and not just a peak year. He isn't even a FA until 2023 so I think that adds to his value even more.

The final option for the Braves is going full retard and bringing in Rodney. He will walk a bunch of guys and barely survive until the massive implosion. Then he will clown like its an exhibition game. :rolleyes:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
They just need to avoid trading for overrated Blake Treinen next year. That guy is going to implode some point soon after having a FIP of double his ERA this year and usually being much worse than this. Oakland likes to sell high no matter the player so I think they will try to dump him.

As for Diaz he is still 24 with skipping AAA a few years ago so I'd say this is genuine growth and not just a peak year. He isn't even a FA until 2023 so I think that adds to his value even more.

The final option for the Braves is going full retard and bringing in Rodney. He will walk a bunch of guys and barely survive until the massive implosion. Then he will clown like its an exhibition game. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know all about Rodney. He was the D-Backs closer last year and I hated every minute of him.

That's the only way the A's can survive as a ball club with it's minuscule payroll. Buyers beware!!!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Diaz K'd Ohtani tonight on 3 pitches... 3 straight swing and miss strikes. I don't think we have seen that yet vs Ohtani. Somehow gave a solo HR next but then finished for his 55th save.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
How does a pitcher with a career 8.8 k/9 rate put up a 12 k/9 rate (3 entire strikeouts more per IP) in his age 35 season?

We'll turn to [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] to bring you the answer for that and I have a sneaking suspicion I know what he's going to say.... :benson::D:benson:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
How does a pitcher with a career 8.8 k/9 rate put up a 12 k/9 rate (3 entire strikeouts more per IP) in his age 35 season?

We'll turn to [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] to bring you the answer for that and I have a sneaking suspicion I know what he's going to say.... :benson::D:benson:

and the answer is . . . . . . . . .

Nofap! with heavier lemons pitching off a sloped plane balances the pitchers velocity and helps deliver a forceful strike.

oh, and steroids. lots of steroids.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
and the answer is . . . . . . . . .

Nofap! with heavier lemons pitching off a sloped plane balances the pitchers velocity and helps deliver a forceful strike.

oh, and steroids. lots of steroids.

JV just pumped a baby into a supermodel, no way he'd risk taking roids. I wouldn't risk my testicles with Kate Upton in play.
I think it's just a better than average season from a pitcher benefiting from more batters swinging out of their shoes. Also in Houston he's playing with a lead more and is probably more likely to attack hitters rather than paint the corners.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
JV just pumped a baby into a supermodel, no way he'd risk taking roids. I wouldn't risk my testicles with Kate Upton in play.
I think it's just a better than average season from a pitcher benefiting from more batters swinging out of their shoes. Also in Houston he's playing with a lead more and is probably more likely to attack hitters rather than paint the corners.

Who knows what players are willing to risk to get an edge, Robinson Cano lost 12 million dollars this year from getting popped. :eek: You're right though about the all or nothing approach more hitters are taking, its giving a lot of pitchers career years in K's.

oh, and that baby was conceived via turkey baster. I have "insider" information. :rolleyes:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Yesssssssss, I made it to the final round in my fantasy league. That's right, next week is the Blowout ReDrafters Dynasty League 4th Year World Series, starring yours truly!!!

Kate Upton's Game-Used ***** (18-4) vs. Shark(Are)Nado (17-5)

You guys want to be rooting for the first team. Shark*ate*nads is light in the loafers from what I hear.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yesssssssss, I made it to the final round in my fantasy league. That's right, next week is the Blowout ReDrafters Dynasty League 4th Year World Series, starring yours truly!!!

Kate Upton's Game-Used ***** (18-4) vs. Shark(Are)Nado (17-5)

You guys want to be rooting for the first team. Shark*ate*nads is light in the loafers from what I hear.

Congrats. :grouphug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjc_iQ3dWI