Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC charges you up front to run a sale? lol WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Is that some kind of joke? I tried to run a 10% off sale and it said I needed to pay COMC $33 to do it. Uh, your'e freaking dumb COMC. Why would anyone pay a site up-front money to run a f-ing sale. The freaking $33 is MORE THAN WHAT WAS TAKEN OFF ON THE SALE, which would guarantee $0 in sales! Who runs this company, a retarded monkey?

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
yeah, I'm not a fan of them charging to run sales. that's why I usually wait for one of their free ones they have a few times a year.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My issue is with the cost. I couldn't care less if they charge. That's their prerogative. I think's it's dumb to charge for a sale, but whatever. What's even dumber though is charging $33 along with a 3% fee after sale for offering a sale at 10% off $130 worth of items ($13 off). It's insulting. I'm sick of price gauging, money grabs in this industry. That's what I'm talking about here. Just be up-front and honest and be user-friendly and the money will come. But no, they need to implement garbage money-grab tactics like this.

Apr 13, 2010
I do not like white-knighting, but y'all need to do a bit more thinking and a bit less posting.

Is that some kind of joke? I tried to run a 10% off sale and it said I needed to pay COMC $33 to do it. Uh, your'e freaking dumb COMC. Why would anyone pay a site up-front money to run a f-ing sale. The freaking $33 is MORE THAN WHAT WAS TAKEN OFF ON THE SALE, which would guarantee $0 in sales! Who runs this company, a retarded monkey?
:???:

yeah, I'm not a fan of them charging to run sales. that's why I usually wait for one of their free ones they have a few times a year.
Aha! A FREE Quarterly Sale. You're on the right track :cool:

+1, That or change your offer and auto accept settings for a while.
Or y'all could simply price your cards so that they actually sell.

My issue is with the cost. I couldn't care less if they charge. That's their prerogative. I think's it's dumb to charge for a sale, but whatever. What's even dumber though is charging $33 along with a 3% fee after sale for offering a sale at 10% off $130 worth of items ($13 off). It's insulting. I'm sick of price gauging, money grabs in this industry. That's what I'm talking about here. Just be up-front and honest and be user-friendly and the money will come. But no, they need to implement garbage money-grab tactics like this.
COMC discloses their pricing before you're even allowed to set-up a sale. eBay doesn't do that. How is COMC dishonest? How are they not user friendly? I make money flipping cards there. Literally free money. They do all the work.

i dont like paying $4.99 to have 5 cards shipped to me
You must not be an eBay user. If you buy even 2 cards from two different sellers, you pay shipping x2. And if you've ever had anything shipped to you from COMC, you should know that they package their items well unlike many eBay users. And no complaining about the .25 toploader fee. Don't be cheap. Protect your cards.

Yeah, it's a lot. But I usually let it build up to 20 or more cards before I have shipped. I thought we were already paying the shipping when buying the cards, but I guess I don't understand what that incorporated charge is.
I like to think of it as .25 for someone to go to seller's box and move that card to my box, and .25 for someone to correctly package and prepare my order when I choose to ship. And I don't have to pay that .25 in Advanced Reseller Mode if I'm just going to flip the card.

it's $3.99 + 25 cents for each additional card
Or just wait for Black Friday. Free Shipping for 20+ items.

i think on their website its $3 flat

i dont use their website. as a customer that wants to spend money, having to add funds to an account beforehand is stupid
You only have to add funds to make offers. Otherwise 1) Add items to cart, 2) Checkout. An extremely difficult process.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Oh come on. I have no issue with COMC. I have issues with certain aspects of the process, just like I have issues with certain aspects of ebay. Stop pretending it's infallible and everything is perfect and awesome. It comes across as disingenuous and insincere.

Apr 13, 2010
Oh come on. I have no issue with COMC.
Who runs this company, a retarded monkey?

I have issues with certain aspects of the process, just like I have issues with certain aspects of ebay. Stop pretending it's infallible and everything is perfect and awesome. It comes across as disingenuous and insincere.
If you think that my assessment of COMC comes across as disingenuous and insincere please consider how your comments come across.

Actually, don't.

This is a pretty epic thread already.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

If you think that my assessment of COMC comes across as disingenuous and insincere please consider how your comments come across.

Actually, don't.

This is a pretty epic thread already.

I have an issue with the retarded monkey who decided to charge people $33 on top of another 3% sale charge on $13 sales, yes. If you are said monkey, take a hit of LSD and join the real world with us.

Apr 13, 2010
Yoda sounds like a COMC shill lol
Big time. I just figured he works there.
Darn. Ya figured me out.

For the record, I am in no way affiliated with COMC other than selling cards there. And just in case you still wonder...
Is COMC cool with you being condescending and ******* while defending them? I know I wouldn't be cool with it. They're pretty professional, usually. You, not so much.
You said it. I am not a professional. COMC is. That's why they have fees that you dislike.

But as I said, I have no issue with COMC as a company.
Who runs this company, a retarded monkey?
You're making this too easy.

:D:D:D

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In the end, the traffic that a site like COMC or eBay is will get you more for your item (usually). Anyone can create their own website and sell items from said site, but who will see it and how long will you have to wait to sell items? I am thinking more and more about this as I get closer and closer to pulling the trigger on packing it up on this hobby. I have sold a little here and there in the last 6 months, but have also yet to list anything I would consider all that good. So, given the fact that I have sold anything at all so far is a plus, but the returns vs the work I am putting into scanning and writing descriptions is not worth it to me. Again, if I started selling more stuff that more people wanted and the bucks started rolling in more steadily, then maybe I am changing my mind.

I wish that I had enough money so that I had not a care in the world for what became of the collection I have built, but the reality is, I don't and can't stand the thought of the collection being left to family who part with it in a less than ideal manner. Although it was fun to build, I invested a great deal of money along the way and I hope to squeeze some of that $$$ back out before I check out. It still seems the best way to do that is to secure the help of a large established platform like COMC, Ebay or a consignment seller.

Members online