Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have any or know anything about these pins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
When I see items that are "vintage", I become suspicious if I have never seen one before. These were advertised as being from the 80s. Player selection would confirm this, but no way to tell from just the photo posted. Not that I have seen it all, but visiting shops, shows and scouring eBay nearly daily, it's hard not to have come across something at least once or twice before, even if it is was a player you don't care about. I found a few of these listed today and can't say I have ever seen them before. anyone?

s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry can't help you but wanted to check in and say they look really well done. The faces look close to, except the Carlton, the lettering and logos look very good. Nice looking!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Sorry can't help you but wanted to check in and say they look really well done. The faces look close to, except the Carlton, the lettering and logos look very good. Nice looking!

I think the players all look awful.

I'm torn on my opinion - the player caricatures make me think they are unlicensed, yet the use of logos make me think there was
some kind of licensing unless you are going to live on the edge by using team logos without a license.

The team logos look great, the caricatures look awful but I guess we have to remember in the 1980's they probably weren't
able to print a photo onto metal for the player portion of the pin.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If you didn't see the names, I'd probably only guess Jackson, who is pretty recognizable, and Brett. Other than that they could be anyone. Neat pieces, regardless. Kinda coveting the Carlton, actually.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think the Sandberg looks fairly decent along with Jackson. The others are pretty bad.

If you didn't see the names, I'd probably only guess Jackson, who is pretty recognizable, and Brett. Other than that they could be anyone. Neat pieces, regardless. Kinda coveting the Carlton, actually.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I emailed seller, pins have no maker marks on front or back. I'd never seen these either. But from the look of them, I'd say they were "vintage" 80's issued. I don't think they are a modern throwback.

s-l600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.