Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps X Bryce Harper 220 Card Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Looks like a fun set. I bought four of the ones with relics or autos.

Product Configuration:
•30 Cards + 1 Autograph or Relic Guaranteed
•14 Base Cards
•Bryce's Starting 9 + Pitchers
•16 Insert Cards
•Best Hair - 5 Players
•Bryce's Heroes - 5 Players
•Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good - 6 Players
•1 Autograph or Relic Guaranteed
•Autographs
•Chance for Sticker Or On-Card Bryce Harper Autograph
•Chance for Parallels
•Black - #'d to 25
•Red - #'d to 10
•Gold - #'d to 1
•All Relics are of Bryce Harper
•Chance for Jersey, Bat Or Home Run Derby Base
•Chance for Parallels (Patch Relic)
•Black - #'d to 25
•Red - #'d to 10
•Gold - #'d to 1
•1 in 3 Chance for Base Card Parallels
•Black - #'d to 25
•Red - #'d to 10
•Gold - #'d to 1

Base Subject List:
•Yadi Molina - Autograph Subject
•Freddie Freeman
•Javier Baez
•Manny Machado - Autograph Subject
•Nolan Arenado
•Mookie Betts
•Mike Trout - Autograph Subject
•Marcell Ozuna - Autograph Subject
•JD Martinez - Autograph Subject
•Max Scherzer
•Jacob Degrom - Autograph Subject
•Justin Verlander
•Sean Doolittle
•Aroldis Chapman

Best Hair Subject List:
•Andrew Benintendi
•Dansby Swanson - Autograph Subject
•Jacob DeGrom
•Dereck Rodriguez
•Jayson Werth

Harper's Heroes Subject List:
•Ken Griffey Jr
•Chipper Jones
•Derek Jeter
•Josh Gibson
•Ron Harper

Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good Subject List:
•Bryce Harper "Look Good"
•Bryce Harper "Look Good"
•Bryce Harper "Feel Good"
•Bryce Harper "Feel Good"
•Bryce Harper "Play Good"
•Bryce Harper "Play Good"

https://www.topps.com/topps-curated-sets/topps-x-bryce-harper.html

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Looks like a fun set. I bought four of the ones with relics or autos.

I almiost bought the relics/autos one until I re-read the description carefully and saw it's auto OR relic. $25 is a pretty pricey gamble for an auto and a very pricey relic if you lose. I think I could buy a harper jersey relic and a auto of one of the auto subjects from a normal trading card release for $25 total.

Now I have to decide if I even want a base set, but deciding against it because of a stupid insert called "best hair".

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Harper spell has been broken for me. When he followed up his truly great 2015 with a WTF 2016, I gave him a pass for a number of reasons, and he bounced back with a fine 2017. But this year he's really not made any progression from what I've seen. I don't get to see the Nats often, and maybe he does all those things that a great player does that don't translate into stats. I appreciate that he takes his game seriously, and he has his version of fun with everything else, but after literally a decade of hype already, I'm done. Done with his broness, his hair schtick, his dumb number logo, all that. Thought about buying this as it's one of those niche things that will probably be in low-key demand in coming years, like 2013 Turkey Red, but the hair and "look good-feel good" subsets turned me completely off. Fine, not my thing.

pandes

Jul 9, 2018
pretty cool looking stuff
o.png

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
selling is now closed, topps posted a print run of the non-auto/relic set of 5,196.

No print run listed for the auto/relic version and item descriptions are not available anymore so I can't check and work out the math of the print run of the auto/relic version.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
selling is now closed, topps posted a print run of the non-auto/relic set of 5,196.

No print run listed for the auto/relic version and item descriptions are not available anymore so I can't check and work out the math of the print run of the auto/relic version.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Looks like a waste of money for anyone who is not a hardcore Harper collector.

$25 for a 30 card set and an additional $25 for a relic or auto, where as 75% of boxes seem to contain a plain jersey or bat relic (from the very small sample size I have seen so far) & then the possibility of a parallel that seem to drop one per every four boxes. Many of the autographs are sticker too. The fact that people were paying double the asking price on e-bay boggles my mind.

I get that products like franchise Topps (Series 1, 2, Update) actually charge more than $50 a box for something that contains 1 auto/relic per box with roughly the same or slightly tougher odds of getting an autograph and products with a similar set up like Topps Heritage charge double that price but there is far more variety in those products...short prints, various common parallels to ultra rare parallels, limited insert cards, multi-color patch relics, autographed relic cards, a larger player selection within the auto/relic checklist (can be both good and bad), etc.

I get the appeal for a Harper collector and while I don't understand why they didn't include patch variations opposed to plain white jerseys, the game-used HR derby bases are still pretty cool.

Members online