Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

365 DAYS OF RED SOX DAY 41 - KENNER SLU 1988-2001 VARIOUS YEARS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He lives!

I tried to buy up as many sealed or loose card sets of the talking teams as I could find for a while, but like anything I was not truly committed to, I gave up. I have lots of semi-complete projects kicking around within my entire collection.

The very first SLUs I bought were football. I know it says baseball was first, which seems odd because McInally was a football player too, but I guess that was the way it was. I bought 3 1988 Raiders toys (Allen, Long & Christensen) and then that was it. I opened them, but carefully saved the cards and the figures in like-new shape. I never bought another SLU until much later (1994). Of course, this was right at the start of the only "off" period of my collecting career. I joined the Navy in Nov 1987 and aside from a few things here and there early on 1988/89 or when I would return home for leave, I was essentially out of collecting.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Like I said when I posted the Kenner SLU above would come back as I thought I had more
Although he was not on the Red Sox I still collected Fisk so I slabbed his stuff
Also located my 1990's Clemens Starting Lineup slabs later in same box.
Unsure why I had the 16A slabbed authentic- can't remember why too many years and slabs ago.
I do know that the 16A card is frequently found off center- so bad most grade 8 or below.
This one is actually one of the better centered ones I have seen.

full

full

full

full

Interestingly the back of the 1990 set highlights the many additions to their line up they made in 1990 after being taken over by Tonka- nearly double the players and output. Included a lot of the hot rookies of the day.

full

full