Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bold prediction for Cubs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
They will not make the playoffs The Brewers will take the next 3 games. They then will be out of 1st place and will go down hill from there. After losing 3 in a row to Washington. They are done. The bullpen just sucks. and they can not hit their way out of a paper bag. Seems like everyone in the line up is trying to hit the long ball.
Maddon will be fired at the end of the season.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
That would have to be one helluva implosion for them not to reach the postseason. I could be convinced of them possibly losing the division...but failing to get one of the two wild card spots? Seems a little farfetched to me. They've still managed to play .500 baseball in their last 10 games with crappy offense and a terrible bullpen.

Then again, the Braves are in a similar scenario (a bullpen that is so bad it's blown every save opportunity in over two weeks and a sporadic offense that will look great for a game and then hibernate for a week...yet they have still managed a .500 record in their last 10 games) and I just keep waiting for the inevitable implosion that is bound to knock them out of the playoffs, despite what others think & while the Cubs have a much better record, they have a slimmer lead in their division & are 4.5 games ahead of the 2nd WC spot...exactly the same lead the Braves have in their division. So I suppose, if I believe my team is just as likely to implode as yours (with the same chances at a postseason spot) then who am I to question your bold prediction?

Wait, didn't the Cubs win one of those games against the Nats?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That would have to be one helluva implosion for them not to reach the postseason. I could be convinced of them possibly losing the division...but failing to get one of the two wild card spots? Seems a little farfetched to me. They've still managed to play .500 baseball in their last 10 games with crappy offense and a terrible bullpen.

Then again, the Braves are in a similar scenario (a bullpen that is so bad it's blown every save opportunity in over two weeks and a sporadic offense that will look great for a game and then hibernate for a week...yet they have still managed a .500 record in their last 10 games) and I just keep waiting for the inevitable implosion that is bound to knock them out of the playoffs, despite what others think & while the Cubs have a much better record, they have a slimmer lead in their division & are 4.5 games ahead of the 2nd WC spot...exactly the same lead the Braves have in their division. So I suppose, if I believe my team is just as likely to implode as yours (with the same chances at a postseason spot) then who am I to question your bold prediction?

Wait, didn't the Cubs win one of those games against the Nats?

You are correct won the first game lost the next 2 and the 4th was a rain out.

Members online