Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols already dubbed HOFer by Leaf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
His product, ultimately his fault.

It’s stupid having cut signatures of active players anyway. It’s just another prime example of how bush league his products really are.

AMEN! Inferior products...they should bite the bullet and team with Topps to make some truly badass cards!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I could be wrong, but I *think* this is a service they offer - that you can send in an IP auto and they will put it in a frame & slab.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I could be wrong, but I *think* this is a service they offer - that you can send in an IP auto and they will put it in a frame & slab.

That's Leaf Executive Collection. This is a boxed offering. Question - why can't Leaf provide a checklist for it on their website. I think it's crap when a released product doesn't have a checklist.

s-l800.jpg

Last edited:

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
That's Leaf Executive Collection. This is a boxed offering. Question - why can't Leaf provide a checklist for it on their website. I think it's crap when a released product doesn't have a checklist.

s-l800.jpg

Amen to that! I doubt they know what's actually in the product and the print run

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
His product, ultimately his fault.

It’s stupid having cut signatures of active players anyway. It’s just another prime example of how bush league his products really are.

And for what it’s worth, that auto looks fake as sh*t too.

Not to mention a very ugly looking card too.

I also hate how they use cut autos of living players. It's impossible to make that card look nice but there are many cut signature cards of living players that would look much nicer if simply signed on the card or even with a clear sticker auto. It allows more room for an acceptable design.

What's even worse are the cut signature autos of minor league players....*gag*.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I understand that Leaf has to be ... creative ... to try and compete. Sometimes they make ridiculously gorgeous stuff. Other times ... well ... sometimes they make ridiculously gorgeous stuff.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hobby gambling at it's finest. I can think of no other good reason why people would spend money on this type of product as a sealed box/case. What is more disturbing is that people are buying the singles on the secondary market, which reinforces to both Leaf and the original new product buyers that it is OK to make, sell and buy the boxed product because some schmuck will buy them from you in the end!

I will sadly admit that I am part of the problem here, albeit a small sliver of the problem. I will ultimately try to buy any Steve Garvey product, no matter how ugly or lame it may be. He has been featured in several similar releases. I can't help myself, but at least it is only one player and a low to mid range priced player at that (usually). I do it for the sake of completion and I suspect other player collectors are also guilty of this.

The only other way I would ever buy something this lame is if the signature was extremely unique, obscure and hard to find. In that case, I am simply purchasing a hard to find cut signature for the sake of having the signature itself. Any other easy to find, plentiful signature and you are just wasting money (including Garvey!!).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hobby gambling at it's finest. I can think of no other good reason why people would spend money on this type of product as a sealed box/case. What is more disturbing is that people are buying the singles on the secondary market, which reinforces to both Leaf and the original new product buyers that it is OK to make, sell and buy the boxed product because some schmuck will buy them from you in the end!

I will sadly admit that I am part of the problem here, albeit a small sliver of the problem. I will ultimately try to buy any Steve Garvey product, no matter how ugly or lame it may be. He has been featured in several similar releases. I can't help myself, but at least it is only one player and a low to mid range priced player at that (usually). I do it for the sake of completion and I suspect other player collectors are also guilty of this.

The only other way I would ever buy something this lame is if the signature was extremely unique, obscure and hard to find. In that case, I am simply purchasing a hard to find cut signature for the sake of having the signature itself. Any other easy to find, plentiful signature and you are just wasting money (including Garvey!!).

If people are buying them, doesn't that mean there's demand? Could be people who can't afford a higher-priced option but want an autograph of a specific player and this is the cheapest route. Could be some other thought process.

It's not my cup of tea, but if there's demand for it, not sure what the issue is.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
As I explained, people ARE buying them. I also feel that the product is crap and if most buyers are like me, they are buying merely for the sake of checking an item off the list, no matter how crappy it may be. We are suckers in that regard, as we'll buy ANYTHING and the card makers know this.

I would hope that a regular 3x5 or cut would be cheaper than one of these, but you never know. It comes across as "certified", but I doubt anyone "qualified" actually looked at them and rendered an opinion. Either way, it's still a risk that the item was never signed by the player as opposed to having the player contracted to sign the product up front.

If people are buying them, doesn't that mean there's demand? Could be people who can't afford a higher-priced option but want an autograph of a specific player and this is the cheapest route. Could be some other thought process.

It's not my cup of tea, but if there's demand for it, not sure what the issue is.

Members online