Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

#1 PSA Registry T206 Set Breaking Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't follow vintage closely these days, but I just saw Heritage is auctioning off the #1 PSA T206 set, if I understand the blurb. Surprisingly little info considering. But the cards are amazing. 8s, 9s, even 10s, as far as you can see. No Wagner, I guess, but there's all the Cobbs are PSA 8, a PSA 7 Plank (current bid $280K), a PSA 8 Magie ($160K), and so many others all gorgeous. Just amazing.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Holy crap!

I've never checked the Pop report but I am shocked there are any 10s.

Would love to know why they're selling it too. Crazy collection...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I would guess there's a couple million reasons to sell, but imagine the amount of effort it took to assemble. They changed the name on the PSA Registry, now I can't remember who owned it before. And I wonder if they bought the whole thing and are breaking it themselves, or if the original owner is.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wouldn't be surprised if Keith Olbermann buys a lot of the cards. He has an incredible tobacco and early card collection.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I read somewhere that earlier on PSA was less sensitive to certain things (I think back centering was one) and some of the highest graded cards wouldn’t grade those grades today.

Still completely insane aet

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online