Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Every #1 Topps card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What the hell happened in 2007? Someone set the list to randomizer? John Lackey???

I like that 74 Aaron card. It is probably the most fitting card #1 ever because of the special design and uniqueness of the card in relation to all of the rest in the set. I do really like the look of the Judge card though. Didn't realize it was #1.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I kind of like the League Presidents and Commissioner cards. Too bad they didn't honor all of them along the way on cards. Probably at the time, I would have thought differently, but now it would be cool to see vintage cards of all sorts of non-players. For example, the 1969 special edition Topps Bowie Kuhn card is somewhat of a parody and was not widely distributed apparently, but is highly sought.

Those subjects were a preview of some of the goodies Fan Favorites and Archives would eventually show us. Of course, those oddball people (GMs, Announcers, Umpires, etc) are not as interesting to me unless they are Dodger related.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I liked when they led off the set with Highlights or Record Breaker or League Leader cards. Reminds me of building sets as a kid in the ‘80s. Then the ‘90s hit and they were gone.

Members online

Latest posts