User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You are a Complicated, Multi-Faceted Collector ... let the world know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Jose Canseco, 1983-2007 only - All cards. He was my favorite player growing up.
    - I have over 2500 unique, including a lot of 2009-2018 that I'm no longer prioritizing after shifting my focus to the mostly playing years.

2. Riley Pint (Rockies "prospect") - All cards. Just a for-fun prospecting project that turned into a supercollection after he (so far) hasn't lived up to his hype. Pitchers, amirite?
    - Most wanted: 2016 Bowman Chrome Superfractor Auto (I don't believe it's publicly been pulled yet)
    - Currently at 69% completed, including 53 1/1s
    - I have 13 out of 25 2016 Bowman Chrome Orange /25 autos
    - I always try to get as many /5 as possible to see if I can finish an entire run. I have two four-out-of-five runs, numerous three-out-of-five, and a three-out-of-four run.

3. Hall of Fame Topps/Bowman RCs graded PSA 9 or less. If no Topps/Bowman available, I go with the first card they were pictured on and is widely considered their rookie.
    - I just recently started this, at 23 so far. It's definitely a no-rush project that I foresee will take me forever which is the idea.
    - Starting at the 2018 class and working backward. The early classes are a "future Matt" problem

4. Some set collecting
    - Primarily flagship Topps and Heritage over the past couple of years. I finished the Heritage Chrome /999 base and High Number sets this year.
    Collecting Jose Canseco -- www.MattsCansecoCollection.com Approaching 2500 unique cards and over 300 autos!

Collecting Riley Pint - www.RileyPint.com Total owned: 69%, 1/1s: 53

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I made a list. I collect too much

1. Fred McGriff everything and hoard multiples
    2. Cubs Team sets( Basically any and all Cubs cards)
    3. Players with Martin for a last name and some first name
    4. Deion Sanders Baseball and Football cards
    5. Jim McMahon mostly cards
    6. Orel Hershiser Cards
    7. Health Bell cards
    8. 90's and early 2000's inserts ( just getting into this more)
    9. Several Non-Sport sets T107 Helmar at the moment plus movie and TV ones from my childhood.
    10. Garbage Pail Kids. This one is off and on again at times. Mainly base sets
    11. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures Mainly just the flesh colored ones
    12 Lego/ Models Newly into Lego with my Daughter. Have a stash of scale models I plan to build as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite players and team logos in many sports, Starship cards, prehistoric animal cards, some odds and ends like trains and horses if someone in my family likes them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) 2001 - 2012 Topps Heritage master sets (everything but relics)

2) 2001 UD Legends of New York (allll of it - only a handful of jersey auto cards shy)

3) 2001 UD Vintage Timeless Teams (only a few Timeless Teams Combos short)

4) 2001 Topps Chrome Refractor Combos

5) 2010 Topps Allen and Ginter set (all minis, including Bazooka/NNO, no relics/autos - Need 275 or so each of Bazookas/NNOs)

Scans for most everything above are in my signature.
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 9/2/18

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 82% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 88/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 64/350

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) 1992 - 1998 Donruss Diamond Kings/Rookie Diamond Kings/Gallery of Stars insert sets (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing)

2) 1991 - 1998 Donruss Elite insert sets

3) 1994 Finest

4) Brien Taylor "Failed Prospect" collection

5) Topps Living Set

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of difficult to answer these kinds of post because the peripheries of my collection change constantly but the core of it stays fairly constant so that's what I'll go with this time.

1. Jeff Frye - Anything and everything. I'm 6 cards short of 100% without including printing plates. I also started a run of IP auto base cards to add something else to chase card wise and need about 60 of them still signed. I'm always looking for oddball stuff that will fit the collection like jerseys, programs, you name it. I even have one of the "Future Mrs. Jeff Frye" t-shirts from his time with the Red Sox that threw my wife into a fit of uncontrollable laughter when it came in.

2. Ozzie Smith - I'm mostly focused on his playing career era cards but I will grab stuff post career that catches my eye if/when I can.

3. Jeff Bagwell - This collection is mostly based around career era cards too but I'll grab neat stuff that's post career as well if I see it before the wolves here get to it My latest goal has been getting PSA10 and BGS 9.5 (or 10 if available but there aren't many) copies of his RCs.

4. Allen and Ginter Master set (sort of) - A&G got me back into the hobby so I'm working on building sets from 2006 onward. My goal each year is to build the base set with SPs, the base mini set, A&G Mini set, all the non-serial numbered insert set, as well as the National promos (if available that year). I also pick up autos and GU as I go along if they're cheap enough but they're not a focus. Honestly they're not even sorted. They just go into sleeves and top loads and in a shoe box. I also want to put together a complete set of the original 1888 N28 Ginters but that's a very down the road goal. The non-baseball cards aren't bad but the baseball Hall of Famers get expensive quick.

5. Cardinals RCs and Autos - I've been a Cardinals fan my entire life so I always pick up RCs and autos when I can, be it Keith McDonald (actually one of my favorite autos) or Stan Musial.

6. 1995 Select Certified Master set - I know everyone chases the '96 set's parallels but 1995 was one of my favorite of the first super premium sets back then. When I was trying to sort through my collection when I got back into the hobby I found most of a base set so I decided to build it on out and I'm about 70% there. The '95 Mirror Golds certainly don't sell for the prices that the '96 parallels do but they don't seem to show up at shows much either. They also grade really well so finding raw copies for my set (because I don't want to pay the graded premium) has been something of a challenge.

7. Whatever else catches my eye this week. Lately it's been early and mid '90s insert sets from Fleer and Upper Deck products.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123