User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 393

Thread: Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

  1. #211
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    you is be
    Just curious [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION], when you did your blackface routine did you talk like this 24/7? because I did.
    I always wondered if some of the strange conversations I had were with other master trolls as it got freaky a lot of the time.

  2. #212
    Member banjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, Colorado
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...I kinda dug that one. Reminiscent of the late great Kyuss. Good stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    really dope shizzit you've neva heard of!!

    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

  3. #213
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    So...I kinda dug that one. Reminiscent of the late great Kyuss. Good stuff.
    I found that and the other on the "Stoned Meadow of Doom" youtube channel, which I've listened to about 15 albums at random and liked them all... really great find.

  4. #214
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you like Tad [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION]? (not really the same style as Stoned Meadow of Doom stuff but semi-related question)

  5. #215
    Member banjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, Colorado
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, never heard of them. Just looked them up. Sounds like they might have been pretty good, but I've never been much into the grunge thing, even though it started during my high school / college days. I was more of a Rush / ZZ / Van Halen guy then.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    do you like Tad [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION]? (not really the same style as Stoned Meadow of Doom stuff but semi-related question)
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

  6. #216
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Nope, never heard of them. Just looked them up. Sounds like they might have been pretty good, but I've never been much into the grunge thing, even though it started during my high school / college days. I was more of a Rush / ZZ / Van Halen guy then.
    They will get called Grunge for sure because they were on the Subpop label but Tad is a super metal band imo.



    my favorite Tad riff.

  7. #217
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually no sorry, my fave Tad riff is this one at 1:06. they end the combo with hitting steel pipes instead of drums which give a hiss sound... always thought that was nice.


  8. #218
    Member banjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, Colorado
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Pretty heavy. That track has a good sound though, kind of unique.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    They will get called Grunge for sure because they were on the Subpop label but Tad is a super metal band imo.



    my favorite Tad riff.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

  9. #219
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Yeah. Pretty heavy. That track has a good sound though, kind of unique.
    Yeah that one stands out. I've shown it to a few buddies who are badass guitarists and even they liked it. I think we are all still waiting to hear what the lyrics are in the second half, none of these lyric websites has anything listed but guesses.... a shame, I was getting into the story!

  10. #220
    Member banjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, Colorado
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah. Yeah. What happens next? I guess all that poetry is lost to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Yeah that one stands out. I've shown it to a few buddies who are badass guitarists and even they liked it. I think we are all still waiting to hear what the lyrics are in the second half, none of these lyric websites has anything listed but guesses.... a shame, I was getting into the story!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

  11. #221
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Hah. Yeah. What happens next? I guess all that poetry is lost to time.
    hahah yeah, my favorite Tad "poetry" is from the Infared Riding Hood album where they do a "tribute" to his friend Cobain in a lot of the songs, cant tell if he is being sincere or talking sheeit, and I've listened to it thousands of times.

  12. #222
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Hah. Yeah. What happens next? I guess all that poetry is lost to time.


    to make it more fun I pretend he is talking trash, which is probably true anyways.

  13. #223
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats to the almighty [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] for putting together another epic set. You could always get in the guys living will that has the card you cant afford(!)

  14. #224
    Senior Member michaelstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southeast Alaska
    Posts
    7,964
     griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    congrats to the almighty [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] for putting together another epic set. You could always get in the guys living will that has the card you cant afford(!)
    thanks! who knows if I'll live that long
    Sweet Spot Signatures 922 and counting
    Sweet Sigs 64/71 = 90%

  15. #225
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    12,488
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Just curious [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION], when you did your blackface routine did you talk like this 24/7? because I did.
    I always wondered if some of the strange conversations I had were with other master trolls as it got freaky a lot of the time.
    True dat, dem fake a$$ bustas be straight bugging when I spit dez words, straight 2 da dome. You is gotta b tripping 2 step 2 dis. I told dat busta, I ain't the one 2 be fronting. My gritty fresh style can't be touched. Keep banging bra, I gots 2 bounce and make them benjamins, holla at me when u hit up the Beds, Bath Beyond.

    lol, when I did my blackface routine I kept windows open for sites like "hood slang flashcards", urban dictionary, Afro-American slang so that I could get creative with my play on words.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •