Thread: Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

Alright folks, I was given JVHaste's blessing to start this month's Night Crew thread so I thought I'd start it off with a contest since we've got four teams in the NL playing a 163rd game of the season.

If anyone can predict the final scores for both tie breaker games & then simply who wins the Wild Card game, you'll win the following cards:

Royce Lewis Defining Moments Auto /99

Kyle Lewis BC auto

I'm also tossing in a 2009 Bowman Sterling A.J. Pollock Refractor Auto #d 149/199 but I don't have the time to scan it yet.

In case two or more members make the same scoring prediction there will be a tiebreaker: Predict the total amount of HR/BB/SO in both games combined. Whomever is closest wins

Also, if anyone is able to accurately predict the scores of the 163rd game but fails to predict the WC winner, I'll still let you choose one of the cards as a consolation prize.

Few rules:
    1. You can't edit your post under any circumstances
    2. You must have been a member on here since August 2018
    3. All predictions must be made by 1 PM ET when the first game starts
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AnthonyCorona & @bstanwood have already made their predictions so I'll post them here. But I will need a tiebreaker answer from each of you or otherwise, if someone predicts the same score/WC winner you won't win it.

The tiebreaker is: Predict the total amount of HR/BB/SO in both games combined. Whomever is closest wins

@AnthonyCorona: I'll go 5-2 Rockies 6-3 Brewers and Cubs. Tiebreaker: 51 combined SO/BB/HR

@bstanwood: Rockies 8-5. Brew Crew 7-4.

@JVHaste : I will go Rox 5-1 Brew 6-2... Tiebreaker: 41 combined SO/BB/HR

@Letch77 Rockies 6-3 Brewers 7-4 Cubs win the WC Tiebreaker: 29 combined SO/BB/HR
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 10-01-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go with 5-2 Rockies 6-3 Brewers and Cubs for the wild card.
    Tie breaker
    6HR/7BB/38SO

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I'll go with 5-2 Rockies 6-3 Brewers and Cubs for the wild card.
    Tie breaker
    6HR/7BB/38SO

So if my algebra is correct your tie breaker number is 51

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    So if my algebra is correct your tie breaker number is 51
    I guess I should have read better, I thought u wanted individual numbers. I'm just a dumb Internet bully

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I guess I should have read better, I thought u wanted individual numbers. I'm just a dumb Internet bully

It's probably actually more like I no write good but hey, if you want to list them individually that's cool too lol. Same difference.

Doubt it comes down to a tiebreaker anyway...I mean really, how many other participants do you imagine will join before 1 PM ET tomorrow? That's like 10 in the morning for you West coast folks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My magic tiebreak number is 41.

Now who's pitching in these games?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright folks, I was given JVHaste's blessing to start this month's Night Crew thread

Basically I gave you the blessing by tapping your shoulders in a knighting fashion with my pimp pope staff, but then realized my anal beads were stuck where the jewels were supposed to be.

Who here stole my fcking jewels?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go Rox 5-1 Brew 6-2... magic number 41.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    My magic tiebreak number is 41.

Now who's pitching in these games?
    Cubs/Brewers game is Quintana vs. TBD
    Dodgers/Rockies game is Buehler vs. Marquez

You waiting until all SP's are announced before predicting the scores?

I won't predict any scores since I'm running this quiet unpopular contest but I'm going with...Rockies & Brewers win their 163rd game and then Cubs win the WC card.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Basically I gave you the blessing by tapping your shoulders in a knighting fashion with my pimp pope staff, but then realized my anal beads were stuck where the jewels were supposed to be.

Who here stole my fcking jewels?

Were these the family jewels or did you mean Jewel, the folk singer? Cuz if so I ask, who will save your soul (if you don't save your own)? Who will save your soul...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubs/Brewers game is Quintana vs. TBD
    Dodgers/Rockies game is Buehler vs. Marquez

You waiting until all SP's are announced before predicting the scores?

I won't predict any scores since I'm running this quiet unpopular contest but I'm going with...Rockies & Brewers win their 163rd game and then Cubs win the WC card.
    I picked above, figuring TBD sounds like a cant miss bet!!! Sure, you might as well play along for the lolz..

As for my jewels, I was not talking about my nuts but the gemstones inside of my popestick. Someone replaced them with cheap anal beads(!) I think it was that @blanning71

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have a damn thing to do with anal beads.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    yo!!!

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    Lies.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast