Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its probably going to end up like those Star Trek dating sites too, where there are 7000 dudes and 3 fat chicks as the entire pool of applicants. :benson:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This game is killing me and Machado is still a POS

Ah yeah, that was the topic I was going to bring up... but all the "other" ones distracted me. :wink:

I have never seen anyone in any sport sabotage themselves in a contract year like this. Not just with the play on the field, but verbally debating people afterwords about how hustling is not what he intends to do. :confused:

There was the excuse earlier in the season that it was only do to being on a crappy team... but this is the playoffs!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ay yi yi. That's bizarre. The illustrations look like New Yorker cartoons from the 1930's, Retard Edition.

On another note, any thoughts on chessboxing?

I have seen a little bit of news stories on chessboxing but haven't payed much attention, besides a few clips. I wonder if they will do MMAchess in the future as I think MMA is more like chess and boxing is more like checkers (in a way)

I haven't watched much live chess in a while, this year has a great World Championship in a month but then nothing until April next year. I expect the champion Carlsen to retain... but he looked like dogsht last time so who knows.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I remember hearing about chessboxing years ago and just being all like WTF brah. But then I read an article on it and sort started to see the point. Not that I would ever get into it, but I started to see the point. But that "sport" is most definitely not for me. I bruise too easily to box and am too damn stupid to be good at chess.

I have seen a little bit of news stories on chessboxing but haven't payed much attention, besides a few clips. I wonder if they will do MMAchess in the future as I think MMA is more like chess and boxing is more like checkers (in a way)

I haven't watched much live chess in a while, this year has a great World Championship in a month but then nothing until April next year. I expect the champion Carlsen to retain... but he looked like dogsht last time so who knows.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I remember hearing about chessboxing years ago and just being all like WTF brah. But then I read an article on it and sort started to see the point. Not that I would ever get into it, but I started to see the point. But that "sport" is most definitely not for me. I bruise too easily to box and am too damn stupid to be good at chess.

There's probably only 3 chess players who can bruise anyone, so you'd just have to pick the right weight class. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As for dummies playing chess, yours truly should be a good role model! :rolleyes: Speaking of dummies, Chess: for dummies is not a book I recommend to dummies (or anyone) but Irving Chernev: Logical Chess MBM is a strong 102 book.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hah. How many fat f*ck chess players are there that could weigh in with me at 215? They all seem like wiry little guys.

Got some nice early 2000's inserts for the ol' PC recently. A couple autos numbered to 10 and 5, plus some others with much higher print runs but sneaky hard to find. And a 1991 Stadium blank back from our old friend leximo. Love that guy's cards. You got ahold of any nice pickups recently?

There's probably only 3 chess players who can bruise anyone, so you'd just have to pick the right weight class. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hah. How many fat f*ck chess players are there that could weigh in with me at 215? They all seem like wiry little guys.

Got some nice early 2000's inserts for the ol' PC recently. A couple autos numbered to 10 and 5, plus some others with much higher print runs but sneaky hard to find. And a 1991 Stadium blank back from our old friend leximo. Love that guy's cards. You got ahold of any nice pickups recently?

I guess it depends how tall the person is for 215 to be big or not. Chess probably changed when tons of old school Soviet players started dying in their 40s and 50s due to shtty diet and drinking/smoking.... Russians don't like to eat their damn vegetables! :lol:

What was the other side of your PC again? (the stuff you collect besides the Alomar)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I just posted this in the other thread.

“This whole idea was just trouble waiting to happen. FCB will apologize to Beckett over a stupid email headline, but has no problem with the board dragging people’s names through the mud for what could possibly be false information.

Just because someone is upset over a transaction doesn’t mean the seller did anything wrong. And just because someone tells a story of a bad transaction (in their eyes) doesn’t mean they’re telling the whole truth. It’s very easy to only share part of the story to make people look bad.

Having a section of the forum where you name names and put people on blast for what could be untruthful information was a terrible idea.

I could see if it’s about someone visibly scamming on YouTube breaks where there’s solid proof, but you can’t trust people’s word. People lie. People go out of their way to make other people look bad when they’re upset. People are stupid.”

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I just posted this in the other thread.

“This whole idea was just trouble waiting to happen. FCB will apologize to Beckett over a stupid email headline, but has no problem with the board dragging people’s names through the mud for what could possibly be false information.

Just because someone is upset over a transaction doesn’t mean the seller did anything wrong. And just because someone tells a story of a bad transaction (in their eyes) doesn’t mean they’re telling the whole truth. It’s very easy to only share part of the story to make people look bad.

Having a section of the forum where you name names and put people on blast for what could be untruthful information was a terrible idea.

I could see if it’s about someone visibly scamming on YouTube breaks where there’s solid proof, but you can’t trust people’s word. People lie. People go out of their way to make other people look bad when they’re upset. People are stupid.”

plot twist: aznboy12 gets revealed as Chris Olds, apologies occur.

plot twist 2: Sam gets punished for his remarks by being put on the list. :eek:

Members online