Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\* GOOD MONDAY MORNING THREAD*////////////////// 10/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Since the losers still make the playoffs, I might be more interested in Yelich trying for the Triple Crown than the actual game result.

And rooting for Rockies. Didn't realize they've never won the Division.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Afternoon all, been working outside and playing with the kid all day, probably give him a tub and then put him down for a nap soon so I can relax a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. It really looked like yesterday was Mauer's final game. It was definitely a cool moment to see him go out in the top of the 9th with all of his catcher's gear on, even if it was for just one pitch. If it was the end of his career, it is pretty much the end of my childhood in terms of Twins players. Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, Nathan and Santana were the guys for me as a kid. Torii retired after 2015, Morneau and Nathan after 2016, and Santana a few years ago with all of the injuries doing him in. It's hard for me to think of the Twins taking the field without Mauer though. I became a Twins fan in 2001, at the age of 8 when I went to my first game. Mauer has been with them since I was 11.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning! The members of team during your childhood will always be your favorites [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning! The members of team during your childhood will always be your favorites [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

Absolutely. I still remember watching Mauer in 2005 towards the end of the season hoping he'd make a push for .300. When he finished at .294 I knew he would be a .300 hitter, just didn't realize he'd go on to win the batting title the following season. Then I started liking Dozier a few years back, got him to sign an 8x10 and ball IP when the Twins played the Rockies in Denver, and he's gone now as well.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Good morning all. It really looked like yesterday was Mauer's final game. It was definitely a cool moment to see him go out in the top of the 9th with all of his catcher's gear on, even if it was for just one pitch. If it was the end of his career, it is pretty much the end of my childhood in terms of Twins players. Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, Nathan and Santana were the guys for me as a kid. Torii retired after 2015, Morneau and Nathan after 2016, and Santana a few years ago with all of the injuries doing him in. It's hard for me to think of the Twins taking the field without Mauer though. I became a Twins fan in 2001, at the age of 8 when I went to my first game. Mauer has been with them since I was 11.

Great player.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off today so I get to watch both tie-breaker games. Yelich fell a homer and a RBI short of the Triple Crown. I was hoping he would hit a grand slam in the 8th inning but Rosario struck him out. Dodgers currently up 4-0 in the 6th inning.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
All of this Mauer talk, got this today. Season ticket holder exclusive bobblehead. Only 1,600 made. It is of his 2,000th career hit earlier this year. Not a fan of quality on this one, but I've heard from others that they think the same. Plus, they made him look really old in the face20181001_181511.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts