Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trivia time. Who owns the record for lowest batting average in a season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
"Chris Davis, get behind my line." - Mario Mendota

mendoza03TFF.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure there are deadball era guys with BAs under .200, and there are likely a million guys with 1-2 ABs at .000. What qualifications?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm sure there are deadball era guys with BAs under .200, and there are likely a million guys with 1-2 ABs at .000. What qualifications?

Qualified batters are guys that have 3.1 plate appearances/team game. Since the move to the 162 game season, players must have 502 PA in the season to be qualified to win the batting title/OBP/Slugging etc.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
It’s Davis....and a -3.2 WAR too, oh and he’s owed $22 mil and year for the next 4 years and is the sixth highest paid first baseman in MLb by average salary...so he will have a lot of chances to break his own record

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I like that card. Mendoza was a bit tougher than average autograph and that is a great action shot on a nice retro design. I just wish they'd pick some better players for more of their selections. 2018 set is really blah...You know it's really bad when you are chasing Gary Pettis, Homer Bush and Gary Matthews!

I knew Mendoza was THE benchmark for the low batting average, but didn't realize before looking that he never had that many plate appearances in any given year. The fact that he has an Archives card at all is only because of this. Still, I am glad they did in this case.
"Chris Davis, get behind my line." - Mario Mendota

mendoza03TFF.jpg

Latest posts