User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 2018 Postseason Outcome Contest & win a grip of BC autos + vintage lot 1969 Mantle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the contest! I'll go with the Astros over Braves in 5, with 49 homers
    Collecting the following!
    Baseball: Minnesota Twins, Chris Herrmann
    Hockey: Minnesota Wild, Minnesota North Stars
    Link to my website with all wants and haves: http://hollywood42scards.webs.com/

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
    Thanks for the contest! I'll go with the Astros over Braves in 5, with 49 homers
    Happy to see you joining us Mr. dynasty league fantasy owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    How many home runs were hit in the postseason last year? I feel like my vote is on the low side, but some are on the extremely high side.

And what do you guys think about Yelich going for the triple crown in game 163. Iím on the side of I donít think it would be quite right had he accomplished the feat in one extra regular season game.
    Good question, I'll have to go and look that up.

I can't say I'm a fan of 163rd game stats counting toward regular season stats. It gives an unfair advantage to players on teams with a 163rd game. However, at the same time, it's not really that big of a deal to me since it's just one game & almost nobody plays every game of the season anymore.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two and half hours folks! Make your predictions.

I'm out in the boondocks right now, at a cabin in the forest by the lake with a bunch of relatives. I'm just hoping I don't hear banjo music late at night.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many home runs were hit in the postseason last year? I feel like my vote is on the low side, but some are on the extremely high side.

And what do you guys think about Yelich going for the triple crown in game 163. Iím on the side of I donít think it would be quite right had he accomplished the feat in one extra regular season game.
    iirc there was 25 HR in the WS alone, and full playoffs should have been over 100. There can be up to 40-something # of playoff games.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

I'm out in the boondocks right now, at a cabin in the forest by the lake with a bunch of relatives. I'm just hoping I don't hear banjo music late at night.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Tyson took the teams I was thinking, Iíll go with Astros over Dodgers in 7 (75hr)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it should count for regular season stats because I don't think it should be a regular season game...it's a tie-breaker game. I wonder how differently the feeling would have been had he already been in line for the Triple Crown, went 0-5 in the game, and dropped his average to JUST below the 2nd highest avg. (theoretically)

I also don't feel the good about single season records of players pre-1962 being broken by players after the season stretched to 162 games...or career records, for that matter. Starting in 1962, players were afforded more games in a season.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A's-Brewers. A's in 5. (42)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braves / Astros. Braves win in 6. 38 hrs

Was going to say Braves / Sox but couldnít put down that theyíd lose in 5. Would probably be a sweep...

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bombers vs Braves (Yankees in 6 & 39 HR)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see the last couple members predicting the Braves to make the World Series.

Honestly, as a Braves fan myself, I have a hard time seeing them make it that far...not that I wouldn't be super stoked if they did...but I think they're at least a year away from becoming serious World Series contenders. I don't see them getting past the divisional round but I wouldn't be happier to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 10-02-2018 at 10:32 PM.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubs & Rox are tied 1-1 in the 10th....

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hanging around with a bunch of relatives from Indiana who are hardcore Cubs fans and man, this game has been a real nail bitter. With all the loud cheering and booing I ain't gonna be getting any sleep until this damn game is over....ugh, it's midnight.

Leadoff walk for Baez in the 11th

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That hug is all that will be talked about for the rest of the postseason. Coming out in the open, in front a crowd of 40k+

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

Or su-piggy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast