Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predict the 2018 Postseason Outcome Contest & win a grip of BC autos + vintage lot 1969 Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Thanks for the contest, as it's always fun to have a conversation about playoff games. Question though, in order to win do you have to successfully predict the winner, opponent and the number of games, then playoff HR's as the tiebreaker? Or for example, choosing the WS winner, then going to picking the correct opponent, then going to number of games and then using the tiebreaker?

I believe to win the whole package, you have to pick the exact winner, opponent, and game in which they win. If no one gets all of these exactly right, it looks like he's got consolation prize(s) for those who correctly predict the 2 teams in the WS.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Thanks for the contest, as it's always fun to have a conversation about playoff games. Question though, in order to win do you have to successfully predict the winner, opponent and the number of games, then playoff HR's as the tiebreaker? Or for example, choosing the WS winner, then going to picking the correct opponent, then going to number of games and then using the tiebreaker?

I believe to win the whole package, you have to pick the exact winner, opponent, and game in which they win. If no one gets all of these exactly right, it looks like he's got consolation prize(s) for those who correctly predict the 2 teams in the WS.

What Letch77 said is how I planned to do it & the postseason home run total was going to be a tiebreaker just in case two or more contestants predicted the same outcome, including the game in which either team wins it on.

HOWEVER....if everyone agrees, we could go about doing it in a similar fashion WCTYSON just brought up to make it easier to win.....if you simply predict the two teams who make it to the WS and the team that wins then you win the prize. If there are two or more contestants who predicted this same outcome the first tiebreaker will be whoever predicted the accurate game in which the team won the WS and if neither contestants got that right we go to the second tiebreaker, number of home runs hit in the postseason and whoever is closest to that number wins.

By doing it this way there is a greater chance of somebody winning. But since this would be a late change I'd only want to do this if everybody agrees.

I'd PM all the contestants asking what they think but right now I'm out in the boondocks vacationing with relatives and we get terrible interest service so it's possible I might not get that far (Group PM's are limited to 5 members at a time)......so I'm hoping most of you guys read this and can let me know on here.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Your contest, you can run it however you choose

Well I'm fine with either way, I'd like to see someone win this contest but I don't want anyone to get pis$ed off for changing the rules this late either. I just sent a group PM...just as long as nobody is against it, I'll make the change.

True, it is your contest and I appreciate the trouble you have gone through. I was just looking for clarity and really am fine if you decide to leave it as is.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with easing the rules to determine a winner...if you picked the right WS matchup, winner, and game # then you'll win under the proposed revised format anyway. Thank you again for the contest, D2R! Very generous, my man!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Kluber vs. Verlander

Astros on the board first, in the bottom of the 4th, with a Bregman HR.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Kluber vs. Verlander

Astros on the board first, in the bottom of the 4th, with a Bregman HR.

Oh no, I missed JV pitch!

I'm out vacationing with relatives in a lake house so it's hard to keep track of all the baseball going on. I stop in here a couple times a day to update everything & really regret not doing it sooner. Oh well, looks like JV pitched a pretty good game...not spectacular, not bad either...enough to keep the Astros on top.

The Astros are who I predict will win the WS this year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Oh no, I missed JV pitch!

I'm out vacationing with relatives in a lake house so it's hard to keep track of all the baseball going on. I stop in here a couple times a day to update everything & really regret not doing it sooner. Oh well, looks like JV pitched a pretty good game...not spectacular, not bad either...enough to keep the Astros on top.

The Astros are who I predict will win the WS this year.

Its ok, just be sure to watch me pitch next time...

I only went 5 1/3 in this one because I need to save the arm for the big series vs Boston... CLE is a joke so we just sweepem. :smile:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Its ok, just be sure to watch me pitch next time...

I only went 5 1/3 in this one because I need to save the arm for the big series vs Boston... CLE is a joke so we just sweepem. :smile:

If you need to save that arm of yours, I’ll lend your wife a hand and keep Kate Upton satisfied during those long nights away while you are sweeping the Indians

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If you need to save that arm of yours, I’ll lend your wife a hand and keep Kate Upton satisfied during those long nights away while you are sweeping the Indians

Sure, we can cuck each others wives in the offseason... I think you still have 1 game left to play Lemahieu! :razz:

Members online