Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predict the 2018 Postseason Outcome Contest & win a grip of BC autos + vintage lot 1969 Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Okay everyone, I'm keeping track of all your predictions in the 2nd post of this thread.

Anyone else who wants to join, please do! You have until 8 PM ET. Based on my calculus, that is a little less than 5 hours from now.

Dodgers over Astros in 6 games, 38 HR's total.
[MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] .......... I don't care what Tony Corona says about you and everyone else in the world, you're good people.

Hey, I worked hard for that reputation...don't go spreading lies about me being good people :benson:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Dodgers over Astros in 6 games, 38 HR's total.
[MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] .......... I don't care what Tony Corona says about you and everyone else in the world, you're good people.
Dunno if you heard, I'm just an Internet bully

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Since we are running a contest about our predictions of the World Series, if you'd like we could also use this thread to talk about anything related to the postseason from here on out until the final game of the World Series.

Apparently the boneheads over at mlb.com rated the top 50 players in the postseason and they have some head scratchers in there....

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-50-players-of-mlb-postseason/c-296542022

How do you rank Kershaw & Kluber over Justin Verlander and then leave him out the top 10?? C'mon, he led the AL in fWAR, WHIP, SIERA, strikeouts & SO/BB rate & he certainly had better seasons than Kershaw (who almost always implodes in the postseason) & Kluber. Neither should Chris Sale be ranked higher who missed a lot of time to an injury and was pretty bad in his most recent outing, not to mention he was terrible in his only postseason starts. Justin Verlander has a career ERA of about 3 in the postseason which is excellent (although, in the actual World Series he's struggled). Verlander should have been top 10...possibly top 5.

Acuna already ranked among the top 20 is a generous ranking but I'll take it! Their description looks as if it was written specifically for [MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] (Acuna - The kid might be the most viscerally exciting and eminently marketable guy MLB has on display this October.)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
How many home runs were hit in the postseason last year? I feel like my vote is on the low side, but some are on the extremely high side.

And what do you guys think about Yelich going for the triple crown in game 163. I’m on the side of I don’t think it would be quite right had he accomplished the feat in one extra regular season game.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Thanks for the contest! I'll go with the Astros over Braves in 5, with 49 homers

Happy to see you joining us Mr. dynasty league fantasy owner!

How many home runs were hit in the postseason last year? I feel like my vote is on the low side, but some are on the extremely high side.

And what do you guys think about Yelich going for the triple crown in game 163. I’m on the side of I don’t think it would be quite right had he accomplished the feat in one extra regular season game.

Good question, I'll have to go and look that up.

I can't say I'm a fan of 163rd game stats counting toward regular season stats. It gives an unfair advantage to players on teams with a 163rd game. However, at the same time, it's not really that big of a deal to me since it's just one game & almost nobody plays every game of the season anymore.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

iirc there was 25 HR in the WS alone, and full playoffs should have been over 100. There can be up to 40-something # of playoff games.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest

I don't think it should count for regular season stats because I don't think it should be a regular season game...it's a tie-breaker game. I wonder how differently the feeling would have been had he already been in line for the Triple Crown, went 0-5 in the game, and dropped his average to JUST below the 2nd highest avg. (theoretically)

I also don't feel the good about single season records of players pre-1962 being broken by players after the season stretched to 162 games...or career records, for that matter. Starting in 1962, players were afforded more games in a season.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Braves / Astros. Braves win in 6. 38 hrs

Was going to say Braves / Sox but couldn’t put down that they’d lose in 5. Would probably be a sweep...

Members online

Latest posts