Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predict the 2018 Postseason Outcome Contest & win a grip of BC autos + vintage lot 1969 Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
We are down to 10 contestants left standing (11 if you count me but I cannot win)....

WaxPax - Redsox vs. Dodgers for the WS; Redsox Win on Game 6 (66 HR)
gamec0ckfanatic - Brewers vs. Astros for the WS; Brewers Win on Game 6 (42 HR)
oiccup41 - Red Sox vs. Brewers; Red Sox win in 5 (64 HR)
JVHaste - Red Sox vs. Brewers; Red Sox win in 6 (94 HR)
Letch77 - Red Sox vs. Brewers for the WS; Brewers Win in Game 6 (59 HR)
nosterbor - Red Sox vs. Brewers; Red Sox win in 4 (61 HR)
trizzo22 - Astros vs Brewers; Astros win on Game 6 (69 HR)
metallicalex777 - Astros vs. Brewers for the WS; Astros Win on Game 5 (24 HR)
WCTYSON - Dodgers vs. Astros; Dodgers win in 6 games (38 HR)
MrMet - Astros vs. Dodgers; Astros win in 7 (75 HR)

Just for bragging rights...

death2redemptions - Astros vs. Brewers; Astros win in 7

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Looks like I'm the only one that has the Brewers prevailing in a Brewers/Red Sox series...goooooo me!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Among those left standing, the lowest predicted HR total is 24 (metallicalex777) and the highest is 94 (JVHaste)

Zero series going 5 games really hurt me here. I think last years playoffs was around 100 or so homers, but this years seems very small..... unless they bring out the "wacky balls" like last WS where Verlander and all the other pitchers said they felt different. . . then I still have a chance! :cool:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Looks like I'm the only one that has the Brewers prevailing in a Brewers/Red Sox series...goooooo me!

That also means that if the Brewers win, you'll win, regardless what game of the series they win it on or the amount of home runs hit in the postseason.

the same can be said for 5 of us....

5 unique winner/loser scenarios :

tie-breakers needed for two people :

tie-breakers needed for 3 people :

edit to add -
there are 8 possible scenarios of winner/loser....we have 7 of them covered here...the only possible situation that no one chose is dodgers over red sox so the overwhelming odds are the contest will have a winner....(and i'm hoping the first 5 innings of tonight's game are a big foreshadowing of things to come)

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Our remaining contestants...

We are currently up to 43 home runs hit in the postseason which has already surpassed 3 predictions (WCTYSON-38/metallicalex-24/gamec0ckfanatic-42) with anywhere from 10-18 games remaining. With 43 home runs hit in 19 games played this postseason we come to an average of 2.26 HR hit per game so if we followed that current pace for 10 more games we'd expect to roughly see 23 (2.26) more home runs hit & roughly 41 (40.7) more home runs hit in 18 games. So following the current pace, anywhere from 23-41 more home runs hit which would come to an expected total of roughly 66-84 home runs this postseason. 3 of our remaining 10 contestants have predicted a total within that range. 6 predicted fewer and only 1 (JVHaste) predicted more.

Of course, this is only if the current pace of home runs hits so far continues that pace for the remainder of the postseason.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
We are now at 50 home runs hit this postseason and so far the Championship series has not gone the way I expected it to. LA leads MIL 3-2 & the Astros are fighting for their lives in this do-or-die Game 5 as Boston leads 3-1.

The Astros have only won when JV started the game on the mound so maybe they'll live to fight another day with him on the mound again. Verlander knows how to plow mounds so I have been told. He's a master c0cksmith and a fine example to all future up and coming c0cksmith's.

And just as I'm typing this, after throwing strike 3 to J.D. Martinez the blind ump called it a ball and just on the following pitch he hits it outta the yard. Hard luck...

That now makes it 51 home runs (But I won't add it until the end of the game)

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
2018 ALCS MVP-- who would have ever bet on that happening?

Few PC cards I still have of him:

bradleyjr.silverwave.ref.15.25.13bdp.osc.jpg BRADLEYJR.BLUE.REF.12B.NS.jpg BRADLEY.BLUE.REF.RC.13BC.os1600.jpg

BRADLEYJR.BLUE.REF.RC.13TC.os1600.jpg BRADLEYJR.DIECUT.REF.99.99.14B.OS.jpg bradleyjr.ref.rc.13tc.jpg

bradleyjr.ref.rc.13bc.os.jpg BRADLEYJR.BLUE.REF.MINI.13B.jpg bradley.orange.rc.250.13bdp.ns.jpg

Hit this one in first break of 2012 Bowman, 1/2 case of jumbos, I believe:

bradley.jr.gold.au.ns1.jpg

Hit these in 2010 Topps USA, I believe:

bradleyjrpatchhat25ns.jpg BRADLEY.JR.USA.RELIC.NS.jpg

Post some JBJ cards if you have em!

Note: JBJ also won 2010 College World Series Most Outstanding Player Award, if you didn't know.

Last edited:

Members online