Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you had the money, which one would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yes, folks. Decision time. Over the past few years or so, I've altered my collection habits drastically. First, I need to provide conext. I used to open wax like crazy and collect autographs at random. Then in 2008, I moved onto strictly in-person/TTM autographs and signed baseballs. I've been doing that ever since and it's been more enjoyable. You may remember from last year when I purchased a 1960 Topps Sandy Koufax PSA auto. Well, I've been selling some doubles off lately and I've almost acquired the funds to go after a nice item. The dilemma is that I'm stuck on what to go after. I've narrowed it down to three and wanted some feedback! Mind you, these are in no particular order:

1. 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. PSA signed rookie

I remember pulling this card out of a pack back in the day (I still have it) and the nostalgia speaks for itself. If you're going to target an authenticated signed card from Junior, this is it.

2. Satchel Paige signed business card PSA

I've always wanted to add a Paige autograph and there's a few signed business cards floating around from his Springfield days. He's arguably the greatest ***** league pitcher of all-time and the lore that comes with Satch is legendary.

3. 2001 Topps Ichiro PSA signed rookie OR 2001 Upper Deck signed PSA rookie

Yes, Ichiro will become the first Japanese-born Hall of Famer. I've always wanted to add an Ichiro and like Griffey, you go for the gusto. Rookie card, or bust.

So FCB faithful, what say you????

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For me personally, it'd be Ichiro, loved his game.

But if asked for my advice for another person, I'd say the Satchel...

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
For me personally, it'd be Ichiro, loved his game.

But if asked for my advice for another person, I'd say the Satchel...

That's exactly it! You can't go wrong with either guy which makes this even more difficult when you add Griffey to the discussion lol

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I'd go with the Satchel Paige signed business card. Griffey Jr. and Ichiro will have a long life time to sign a lot more autographs.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Funny you should say that! I met Bickford for the first time this past summer when he was with the Mudcats. Cool dude
Very cool dude! That's awesome. U get anything signed? I saw him sign like 12 cards for one guy once in Stockton. Thought it was asking too much personally

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Very cool dude! That's awesome. U get anything signed? I saw him sign like 12 cards for one guy once in Stockton. Thought it was asking too much personally

Believe it or not, I had him sign 9. He was in so many damn products and he never came near my area. So yep...lol. When I showed him the full page of cards he said "Dude...I'm used to it. No worries." Haha

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Believe it or not, I had him sign 9. He was in so many damn products and he never came near my area. So yep...lol. When I showed him the full page of cards he said "Dude...I'm used to it. No worries." Haha
Man, such an easy dude to root for, if only he was good

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Satchel-Pa...s-PSA-83971818-/372452201503?oid=232945085940

Well, friends. It's mine :) Got it for 290 bones. Needless to say, I think it's a damn good price. I went with Satchel for several reasons.

1.) Best ***** league pitcher for all-time
2.) I've been picking up HOF guys here and there and this fulfills a tough get
3.) His autos are pretty scarce
4.) Given baseball's lack of African American talent, a Paige graph can only go up from here
5.) The FCB faithful said so like Stone Cold Steve Austin. You bet your bum I had to list this as a reason

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would’ve gotten Paige as well. Simply because he’s dead and already in the hof. the other two will be around for a long time signing. Second I would’ve done I ichiro on the off chance he goes back to Japan and doesn’t do the show circuits here in the states. I’m actually surprised at how cheaply you could get a Paige certified auto. I would’ve thought they’d go for quite a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I would’ve gotten Paige as well. Simply because he’s dead and already in the hof. the other two will be around for a long time signing. Second I would’ve done I ichiro on the off chance he goes back to Japan and doesn’t do the show circuits here in the states. I’m actually surprised at how cheaply you could get a Paige certified auto. I would’ve thought they’d go for quite a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Let's put it this way. This auto was definitely a cheaper version. I saw a 1953 Topps signed PSA 8 at a show. The guy was asking $2,800 for it. Given the circumstances, this is a nice piece for the money!

Ichiro is definitely my next get. I'm planning on adding it before the year is out.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've actually thought about the same purchase, a Paige signed business card, for my ***** League auto collection. It's a nice balance between aesthetics, price and historical significance. Business card is a nice, personal piece and baseball related - better than a cut.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts