Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you had the money, which one would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Paige (you already bought), Ichiro, Griffey in that order.

I love that the business card has Satchel's rules for the living on the reverse.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yes, folks. Decision time. Over the past few years or so, I've altered my collection habits drastically. First, I need to provide conext. I used to open wax like crazy and collect autographs at random. Then in 2008, I moved onto strictly in-person/TTM autographs and signed baseballs. I've been doing that ever since and it's been more enjoyable. You may remember from last year when I purchased a 1960 Topps Sandy Koufax PSA auto. Well, I've been selling some doubles off lately and I've almost acquired the funds to go after a nice item. The dilemma is that I'm stuck on what to go after. I've narrowed it down to three and wanted some feedback! Mind you, these are in no particular order:

1. 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. PSA signed rookie

I remember pulling this card out of a pack back in the day (I still have it) and the nostalgia speaks for itself. If you're going to target an authenticated signed card from Junior, this is it.

2. Satchel Paige signed business card PSA

I've always wanted to add a Paige autograph and there's a few signed business cards floating around from his Springfield days. He's arguably the greatest ***** league pitcher of all-time and the lore that comes with Satch is legendary.

3. 2001 Topps Ichiro PSA signed rookie OR 2001 Upper Deck signed PSA rookie

Yes, Ichiro will become the first Japanese-born Hall of Famer. I've always wanted to add an Ichiro and like Griffey, you go for the gusto. Rookie card, or bust.

So FCB faithful, what say you????

If you go the Satchel Paige route, you should go the Tulsa Oilers Minor League autograph he has. It's one of the earliest certified (sort of speak) autographs on the market. The card came signed by Paige from the manufacturer. Business cards are cool too, but for nearly the same amount of money, an on card, guaranteed authentic signature is the way to go in my opinion.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I just saw that. That's so cool. :D

That's one of the main reasons I've landed this baby. Satchel was full of catchy sayings and it combines nicely with his pure dominance on the mound. I love Ken Burns "Baseball" and they had plenty of amazing segments on Satchel. One of my favorite stories is when Satchel faced Josh Gibson and Buck O'Neill narrated it with pure class. Another one of Satchel's great quotes was on James "Cool Papa" Bell. Satchel said (Paraphrased) "That man is so fast he can walk into a room, turn the light switch off and be in bed before the room gets dark." Lastly about Bell he said "That boy hit a line drive past my ear one time and when I turned around, there he was standing on second base." Lol

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Satchel and Griffey was my idol growing up.

4855257201_16824354dc.jpg

Members online