Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get in on this 1960 Topps Set Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Complete lowish-mid grade sets have sold recently for right around $2k recently, some more, some less. But it really depends on the quality of the keys, apparently even more than the average overall condition.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I’d have to see what the value of some of the graded cards are. It’s probably not a 2k set as I know the formula they use to price these.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jmo1556l.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've been tempted to try this since the '60 Mantle is my favorite Mantle of that decade and I've always wanted one.
I have a '60 Aaron and a few other stars. I love that set and my dad had a bunch as a kid (that were thown away).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why does it matter if they're breaking up a $2000 set to sell individually for $5720?
Set breaks (selling every card in a set individually) are done all the time on eBay. If I ever decided to sell my 1958 Topps set and I had the time and patience to sell individually to make 2 to 3 times what it's worth complete, of course I'd do it.

And this set break is giving people the opportunity to score a Mantle or Mays or Yaz rookie for $10. Not much different than wax box and team breaks that are done here and everywhere else.

Last edited:

Members online