Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ron Darling uses slur in reference to Masahiro Tanaka

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
***** in one's armor - Wikipedia

The idiom "***** in one's armor" refers to an area of vulnerability. It has traditionally been used to refer to a weak spot in a figurative suit of armor. The standard meaning is similar to that of Achilles' heel. Grammarist provides a sample usage by The Daily Telegraph that they find acceptable: "Such hype was anathema for the modest professional fighter, who has 22 victories under his belt, and not a perceptible ***** in his armor."
A ***** in one's armor refers to a weakness, like a crack or gap in a suit of armor, that would make it simpler for an enemy to harm an opponent.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Sad and pathetic display of questionable journalism from MSN. I don't really expect much more from them, though.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Absolutely Asinine... and it makes it even worse when they feel the need to apologize. Seriously? ***** in the armor? All of this PC garbage that has been ravaging our nation over the past several years is insane.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Wouldn’t ***** in the armor be a slur for Chinese people, and isn’t Tanaka Japanese? Do the people who are getting upset think all Asians are the same? Cuz that’s racist

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I would go so far as to consider the people who caused a stir "racist" because THEY'RE the ones who took a common, normal phrase and saw it as a racial slur, meaning that THEY are the ones who associated that word with his nationality.

Ron Darling should not have to apologize and I wish he wouldn't have.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
That's not a slur... that's ridiculous.

I cannot stand Ron Darling's commentating, but he didn't do anything wrong.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its going to get to the point where commentators are afraid of saying anything wrong that they will just be saying the mlb gameday metrics.

the commentator of the future at work!!!!

"0-0"
"pitch 1- ball. exit speed 91mph, break 0.7inches"
"1-0"

:confused:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I would go so far as to consider the people who caused a stir "racist" because THEY'RE the ones who took a common, normal phrase and saw it as a racial slur, meaning that THEY are the ones who associated that word with his nationality.

Ron Darling should not have to apologize and I wish he wouldn't have.

Hit the nail on the head. Just another example of the race-baiting media taking every advantage to divide the country...or at the very least create click-bait articles like this one.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
People are looking for reason to be offended. This is one. It's not an insult. And wasn't meant to be one. Any normal person can see that.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
People are looking for reason to be offended. This is one. It's not an insult. And wasn't meant to be one. Any normal person can see that.

The percentage of people who fall under the category of "normal" has declined drastically in the last few decades.

I like to blame it on me.........being born. Maybe I'm the anti-Christ?

Or just another delusional narcissist who's gone of his meds...

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The percentage of people who fall under the category of "normal" has declined drastically in the last few decades.

I like to blame it on me.........being born. Maybe I'm the anti-Christ?

Or just another delusional narcissist who's gone of his meds...

I'm not normal. As long as I stay on my meds, I stay safe.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Please......... People are getting to freakin weird.

I hate it that we can't even play the game or refer to a football pass rusher trying to the "smear the ...." when talking about going after a sack because the accepted phrase contains now-offensive slang reference to people of a certain sexual orientation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts