Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 prestige blue chip recruits michael thomas "error"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
spent much of the night sorting through a few random boxes trying to build sets and decide what goes into the pc and what goes up for sale...

when i got to the last box of the night i made an interesting discovery...as i dug into a box that i thought was nothing more than 2016 prestige base , i found quite a few rookies , inserts , and xtra points parallels...upon pulling out a few blue chip recruits inserts i noticed one had a different color foil...instead of the basic dark blue , this one had a light blue holographic foil...thinking i'd found a parallel version i flipped it over to check for a serial number ...nothing...i checked beckett and found there should be only 3 versions , the basic blue foil , the four printing plates , and an "ink" version which is an autograph serially numbered out of 100...i flipped mine over and sure enough right there at the bottom is the autograph certification ("The autograph is guaranteed by Panini America , Inc.")...

ok... now here i have what should be a nice michael thomas autograph numbered to 100 , but it is lacking both the serial numer and the all-important signature...although i had never noticed this before , i do know that all the cards in this box came from blasters , fat packs , and hanger boxes i bought myself from wal-mart...

i doubt panini would do anything about it considering it's a 2-year-old product , but honestly i wonder if this card may be rare enough (or possibly even unique ?) and end up being even more valuable than the signed version whose BV is only $20 anyway...

anyone else come across any more of these missing the auto and serial number ? any solid info or even mere opinions on the rarity or potential value ? also , would you even attempt to contact panini seeking a replacement or be happier with this possibly one-of-a-kind card ?

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Stick it up on eBay for like $250 obo and see what kinds of offers you get. Sounds like it's a pretty rare find...

Not accusing you of this, but it's pretty easy to "doctor" a signature card to remove the ink, thereby claiming it as an extremely rare error. Most auto cards are signed in Sharpie, which is easily removable from a glossy card without damaging the card's surface.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
the autos on these were stickers and the serial numbers were supposed to be stamped....this one came from the pack with no sticker at all and no serial number....

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I wonder if it was like an executive sample that was never intended to get into the public's hands...

Members online