User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread For 2019 (Today - Rockies)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Mets

1. Gimenez
    Where would you place him personally among the crop of prospect SS's in the minors?
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Where would you place him personally among the crop of prospect SS's in the minors?
    Probably 8-12 range.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    J.P.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stunned that Adrian Hernandez didn't crack this list, but Woods-Richardson did. Hmm...

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today - Angels.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/team...nal/?year=2019

1. Adell
    2. Canning
    3. Marsh
    4. Suarez
    5. Jones
    6. Rengifo
    7. Adams
    8. Thaiss
    9. Buttrey
    10. Soriano
    J.P.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Not much in their system to push him down the list.

And .......... WhereTF have you been?
    Yeah, he wouldn't crack the top 10 in solid farm system.

Where have I been? That's a long story but to put it briefly, I was on a plane that was 1,000 miles off course when it crashed on a lush, mysterious island. I woke to find myself among strangers, each person possessing a shocking secret, yet nothing as mysterious (and deadly) as the island itself. I became their leader but our survival was threatened by a number of mysterious entities, including polar bears, an unseen creature roaming the jungle we called the "smoke monster" and malevolent inhabitants of the island known as "The Others". Times were tough as there many power struggles among our group of survivalists. Using my guile and rapist wit I survived many near death experiences. After many twists and turns came the biggest question of all...did we even survive the plane crash? Is it possible this island didn't exist at all and we were all merely in some form of afterlife....maybe purgatory? Just trying to overcome our personal demons? Or maybe this was simply some sort of parallel universe (I'm still a little confused about that small detail).

Turns out it wasn't because with a blink of the eye I came to....I was in the nearby rehab, delirious from crack & bath salt withdrawals. I just hallucinated the entire thing. I should have known better when I started believing in purgatory...I mean, c'mon now....
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yeah, he wouldn't crack the top 10 in solid farm system.

Where have I been? That's a long story but to put it briefly, I was on a plane that was 1,000 miles off course when it crashed on a lush, mysterious island. I woke to find myself among strangers, each person possessing a shocking secret, yet nothing as mysterious (and deadly) as the island itself. I became their leader but our survival was threatened by a number of mysterious entities, including polar bears, an unseen creature roaming the jungle we called the "smoke monster" and malevolent inhabitants of the island known as "The Others". Times were tough as there many power struggles among our group of survivalists. Using my guile and rapist wit I survived many near death experiences. After many twists and turns came the biggest question of all...did we even survive the plane crash? Is it possible this island didn't exist at all and we were all merely in some form of afterlife....maybe purgatory? Just trying to overcome our personal demons? Or maybe this was simply some sort of parallel universe (I'm still a little confused about that small detail).

Turns out it wasn't because with a blink of the eye I came to....I was in the nearby rehab, delirious from crack & bath salt withdrawals. I just hallucinated the entire thing. I should have known better when I started believing in purgatory...I mean, c'mon now....
    So, you got “Lost” in rehab ?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    So, you got “Lost” in rehab ?
    They tried to make him; he said no, no, no.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today - Braves.

1. Riley
    2. Anderson
    3. Soroka
    4. Wright
    5. Toussaint
    6. Wilson
    7. Waters
    8. Pache
    9. Contreras
    10. Gohara

(Maybe it's just me, but I find this order to be very wacky. Concur, @cgilmo & @death2redemptions?)
    J.P.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today - Braves.

1. Riley
    2. Anderson
    3. Soroka
    4. Wright
    5. Toussaint
    6. Wilson
    7. Waters
    8. Pache
    9. Contreras
    10. Gohara

(Maybe it's just me, but I find this order to be very wacky. Concur, @cgilmo & @death2redemptions?)
    For the most part they've got the right players included in there (I may have substituted Wentz or Muller for Contreras) but the order in which they've ranked them definitely looks a little wacky to me.

I'm curious if BA considers the Braves top 10 to all be top 100 prospects or not. I gotta imagine they believe at least 8 of them are.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man. That’s an awesome list. Don’t care about the order. All of them to the hall of fame now plz. /homer

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

JEBJJA29
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess Maitan is a bust already?

Today - Angels.

1. Adell
    2. Canning
    3. Marsh
    4. Suarez
    5. Jones
    6. Rengifo
    7. Adams
    8. Thaiss
    9. Buttrey
    10. Soriano

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today - Mets.

With the rampant rumors of the Mets wanting to deal their top prospects to the M's for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz, they decided to unveil their Mets top 10 list earlier than expected.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...mlb-prospects/

1. Gimenez
    2. Alonso
    3. Mauricio
    4. Vientos
    5. Kay
    6. Peterson
    7. Newton
    8. Woods-Richardson
    9. Kilome
    10. Szapucki
    They've just updated their list with the Diaz/Cano trade official. New names in bold.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today - Nationals.

1. Robles
    2. Kieboom
    3. Garcia
    4. Denaburg
    5. Crowe
    6. Cate
    7. Romero
    8. Sharp
    9. Antuna
    10. Irvin
    J.P.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today - Nationals.

1. Robles
    2. Kieboom
    3. Garcia
    4. Denaburg
    5. Crowe
    6. Cate
    7. Romero
    8. Sharp
    9. Antuna
    10. Irvin
    Glad to see BA hasn't thrown in the towel on Antuna. Saw him play a bunch last year when Hagerstown visited Lakewood. He made a bunch of contact, but the ground balls didn't have eyes. Antuna has a big frame to build on and as his pitch recognition refines, it will lead to better outcomes. He has an absolute cannon to boot. There's a lot to like here!
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When BA listed their top 10 lists last year, who would have thunk Soto would be the Nats outfielder who surpassed prospect status by the end of 2018 while Robles still remained one?

I mean, Soto had already displayed promise in his injury shortened 2017 season but so had Robles who was more experienced, (including a little mlb experience) a 1.5 year older & not only their top prospect at the time but top 5 overall. I was expecting him to get a lot of playing time in the majors and figured Soto had an outside shot of being a September call-up, if called up at all (mostly due to his age).

As of right now it would be easy to crown Juan Soto as the better prospect of the two but you really can't compare them yet, as we still haven't seen what Robles can do in a full mlb season. Even so, it would be real difficult to duplicate what Soto did in 2018, even at Robles' older age.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    Glad to see BA hasn't thrown in the towel on Antuna. Saw him play a bunch last year when Hagerstown visited Lakewood. He made a bunch of contact, but the ground balls didn't have eyes. Antuna has a big frame to build on and as his pitch recognition refines, it will lead to better outcomes. He has an absolute cannon to boot. There's a lot to like here!
    Plus, of you remove the NT and replace it with a C his last name would be Acuna.....................so he's got that going for him.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast