Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sets that used different patches from same uniform, know any?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I thought it was pretty cool that 2005 Donruss Timeless Treasures used and identified 4 different patches (plus basic jersey) for this card, so I tracked down the different versions. Are there other sets you can think of or show examples of that used swatches from different patches on the same uniform, and identified the patches on the card?

The Sean Casey card below used a Team Logo Patch (#/50), Jersey Number Patch (#/30), Nameplate Letter Patch (#/25), and All-Star Game Patch (#/15). Wasn't it nice when card companies cared, and showed photos on back of the actual jersey the swatches came from, identified the patches, and gave the year the jersey was worn?

casey05DTTpatch100.jpg
casey05DTTpatch50.jpg
casey05DTTpatch30.jpg

casey05DTTpatch25.jpg
casey05DTTpatch15.jpg
casey05DTTpatch25b.jpg

Last edited:

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Some of the recent higher-end releases from Topps have MLB authenticated holograms for relic cards. I have these in my PC. Swatch of Masahiro Tanaka game used jersey TB vs NYY 7/04/15. Original Hologram# HZ877079

tanaka_masahiro_008_zpsyrj02ure.jpg
tanaka_masahiro_009_zpso9afjxms.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Some of the recent higher-end releases from Topps have MLB authenticated holograms for relic cards. I have these in my PC. Swatch of Masahiro Tanaka game used jersey TB vs NYY 7/04/15. Original Hologram# HZ877079

Middle end releases too (Strata). Clearly Authentic relics seem to use the same thing as your Tanaka - the original item has a hologram and then topps cuts it up and MLB authentic issues topps their own holograms to add to all the pieces that reference the hologram ID of the original game used piece.

Members online