Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thing to watch out for about paypal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I ran into a situation the other day that I haven't seen but I know will be more common on ebay as they spin away from accepting paypal.

I won an item on ebay the other day and thought I'd just pay for it with paypal but paypal is not accepted for that listing so I had to pay for my auction win another way.

The tip is to make sure before you bid or set up a snipe, check the payments area carefully to make sure paypal is accepted if you plan to pay for winning that item with paypal because it is not automatic anymore and likely will be rare soon.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I can't see how this helps eBay. I know they have their own payment system but so far it sounds like a disaster from what I read. People want to feel comfortable about their money, for the most part people feel safe with PayPal

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I can't see how this helps eBay. I know they have their own payment system but so far it sounds like a disaster from what I read. People want to feel comfortable about their money, for the most part people feel safe with PayPal

I revisited a news article from the time ebay made the announcement about paypal to refresh my memory on why they are doing it.

It sounds like ebay was tired of sending people to paypal to make payments and paypal getting the payment transaction fee plus a percentage for the credit card portion of the payment. Ebay is taking the payment thing in-house so they can collect those fees and inked a deal with an Amsterdam company to help wtih payment processing and told the spun-off paypal they have until 2020 to be easily found on the ebay site for payment acceptance before ebay makes it harder to find paypal as an accepted form of payment for sellers who want to continue using paypal payments.

I just started trying to sell stuff on ebay after being exclusively buying on ebay so I am not aware yet that ebay has done much of the payment processing. I accept paypal and factor that fee into the price of the items I'm selling because it seems easier for me to handle payments that way (and should give buyers comfort in bidding and using paypal). I am not even sure if I could get a credit card merchant agreement with less fees that paypal (to accept credit cards directly as payment instead of through paypal) given my currently small volume as I try to work towards selling more things.

Members online