Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Willie McCovey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:(

San Francisco Giants [MENTION=5630]SFGiants[/MENTION]
It is with great sadness that we announce that San Francisco Giants Legend and Hall of Famer Willie McCovey passed away peacefully this afternoon at the age of 80 after losing his battle with ongoing health issues.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Very sad. My son and I were at a card show in the Chicago area in 1988 when my son was 6. My son got his autograph on an 8 X 10. We were both thrilled. What a nice man and great ball player. RIP Willie.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Awful news, really a great player and ambassador for the Giants. Went to a lot of games despite health issues and really loved here. Pretty full life I imagine

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pretty full life I imagine

I'd agree. He is voted first ballot HOF, he lived into extra innings, he is towards the top of the list of all time Giants greats amongst Giants fans, the rest of the baseball world respects him, and I don't ever recall hearing about him having run-ins with the law so he was a great citizen, too!

RIP

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
RIP Willie. Have this in the Padres PC:

mccovey_zpssmmlvahd.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i remember they would do the mccovey shift when he batted, first time i can remember a team shifting for a batter.