Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nov Night Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
How was your Halloween?

I know its a fitting time of year to watch FangBoner but idk if I can go finish that dumpster fire of a movie. :|

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Yeah...go finish it. ;) Not much going on here. Oh, one good thing. Boston Irish mobster finally got to met his maker the hard way in prison. He was found beaten (unrecognizable) to death in his cell Monday morning. He got what he gave.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah...go finish it. ;) Not much going on here. Oh, one good thing. Boston Irish mobster finally got to met his maker the hard way in prison. He was found beaten (unrecognizable) to death in his cell Monday morning. He got what he gave.

PM sent, beware though! ;)

Yeah those Irish have a weak ground game, we saw that in the Connor McNugget fight recently.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
1.Bryce Harper (MLB.com ranking:2)

USATSI_10962661-1024x683.jpg

Its hard to bump this guy out of the top slot. Even in a "down" year he walked 130 times and is the lefty power many teams crave. Actually hustles out of the box and in the field even though his defense should be labeled poor. With the big money investment teams might want to DH (if possible) anyways to protect against injury.

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Harper...what a dink. I don't really have anything to back that up with, he's just someone who is easy to dislike for some reason, even if he did help guide my fantasy team to a division title this year.
I'm glad the Sox won the title this year, other than the obvious reasons, but now they shouldn't feel much pressure to go get one of these asshats that will cost waaaaaay too much money.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Harper...what a dink. I don't really have anything to back that up with, he's just someone who is easy to dislike for some reason, even if he did help guide my fantasy team to a division title this year.
I'm glad the Sox won the title this year, other than the obvious reasons, but now they shouldn't feel much pressure to go get one of these asshats that will cost waaaaaay too much money.

They could trade for JT Realmuto or Edwin Diaz... aother than that yep, too much salary on the books for the Sox to even think about going after any of these guys.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I do really like Realmuto. Vazquez is serviceable but not much more. I think Miami's price tag would be too high, they seem to want to hold him and try to change his mind to stay before hes a free agent, and I don't blame them. Diaz would be nice but with Kimbrel I don't see the need, bullpens are so volatile they could sign and trade for 6 great guys but still have a crap bullpen, or they could role the dice with Barnes/Kelly/Kimbrel and likely be fine. I'd like to see them add a solid middle of the rotation starter and call it a day.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
2.Clayton Kershaw (MLB.com unranked)

Y-KEPNER-1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Kershaw has an opt-out clause that will/should be used. There is such a wide margin of career success compared to the next pitcher on the list that even factoring medium decline Kershaw still is a great pickup. This year he even started to show playoff success until he ran into the might Sox (who in all fairness were crushing many great pitchers all year)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Well Kershaw signed for a...ahem...modest sum, remove him from the FA rankings. I was interested to see the guys who got qualifying offers, even more interested in a few who didn't. Charlie Morton is a guy I'd like to see the Sox offer a short deal too, I have a feeling he might be more money than they want to spend.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, it just took a minute for my last post to go through.

No thanks.

I wanted to do a post per player for my rankings with picture, but the pic ones seem to be even slower so I think I will have to stop the FA rankings... I will just say I had Machado lower than most and Corbin as a regression candidate, and Jed Lowrie was higher than most.

Did anyone check out that FangBoner? Funny thing is the succubus from another planet looked like my ex :lol:

Members online