Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

20 Years on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks, Pierre. It's been fun. Instead of having a 6-figure savings account, I've got a 6-figure card collection that I could probably sell for 5 figures.
ebay-20yrs.JPG

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I have a 6 finger...high collection of cards if you stack them up. ;) That I would never sell. I know a few are worth 5-600.00$. Most are worth way under that on a good day. I'm keeping em any way. :D

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I hit 20 this year, too. I was really hoping for an anniversary coupon, but nadda. They gave me one on my last feedback milestone though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My 20 was this year too, April. Damn, it hardly seems like it has been that long. I have seen a handful that were sometime in 1997, but not sure when eBay became the format we know it as today. It was founded in Sept 95, but I can't image it was anything like it is now for a little while after the rolled it out. I don't think I have ever seen a profile with "member since 1995" or 1996 on it. Not saying they don't exist, just never seen one.

Had to see if I could find it and came across a site that discussed lots standing members and this one was tossed out. Still registered, but didn't see if they were active. Has to be one of the earliest out there. Less than 2 months after eBay formed.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/redmontccod

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Dec 6th, 1998 for me. 20 years next month!

My dad and I shared that account until I got my own, but I still count it.

Latest posts