Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Target removing sports cards sections?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't go to Target much, despite having three daughters.

But I have noticed that the two near me have seemed to remove their sports card sections.

Usually they're up by the registers with gaming cards but the new one that opened near us never had them and the older one seems to have gotten rid of them. They moved some gaming cards back by toys but no sign of the sports cards. Talked to three employees, including a manager who knew nothing about it.

Anyone know anything more about it?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
My local one is rearranging all there isles for christmas its a mess . they card isle is all tore up i hope they dont get rid of the baseball part.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Most of my local stores in Houston still have sports cards with the playing cards, at the front of the store near the checkout lanes. Some have moved their inventory into the toy section of the store though, so that is likely where they are if you do not find them any longer where they normally are found.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I have a bit of inside knowledge here, but even with that each area and store is vastly different so it isn't true for all. Most stores if they haven't already will move the cards from the registers to a new location. The location may depend on the age of the store and upcoming renovations planned. Mine removed an aisle of CDs/DVDs to put the cards back in entertainment which is adjacent to toys. Some stores may see a removal altogether based on the sections sales or other factors

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Great...so they're moving them away from the sight of cashiers and customer service, which will make it easier for lowly pack-searchers to be pieces of sht in peace.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The one closest to me got rid of their cards just this week. Went in last night to look for Stranger Things but the whole card section was gone, Magic, YuGiOh, and sports, replaced by a wall of gift cards and empty space. Looked around the rest of the store, it's just gone. While that isn't a huge loss because this one's card selection has stunk for months. They were always the very last to get anything and usually very little of it, for some reason. But still. The two others nearby are pretty good with cards, though, so I'd hate to lose those. Then I'll be left with only the grossest Walmart in town for retail fixes.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
mine is moving them to the back. they replaced the section for sports cards with a giant wall of gift cards.

Maybe not.

The new, "upscale" one that opened a year ago had done that.

But I went in there today and BOOM! the card section was there. Was about 30 feet long with gaming and sports cards. fully Stocked too. They were out of Update but had good amount of everything else.

So maybe it was just temporary.

Either way, it's good news...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The one close to me didn't get rid of their cards, found them in the back with the magazines and DVDs as bstanwood says. Plus, it was fully restocked with HHN and 14 Chrome Update megaboxes. Bought two of those, got nothing good. Four or five of the "international stars" inserts or whatever they are. Base Refractors are 1:48? Jeez.

I visit these Targets frequently and about half have moved them to the back of the store. Consistently it is the back wall, near the TV's on display... Each store has its own design, but they're there.

It's where I found all the Topps Chrome Update Megaboxes and packs. Got lucky with these this time. Struck out completely 0-10 stores with Bowman Megabox of 2018.

(fyi, i'm not one of those pack searchers, wouldn't even know how to do it)

Members online

No members online now.