Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

im sorry but i find this very ignorant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
people pay you for your auto. Im sure there fans out there that would love his auto so Topps pays him for his auto and you just get 2 letters? I find this very wrong!
sdgvsfgrd.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
OcXL3Fd.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It doesn’t matter who the player is and how much I like them, if they have a lazy autograph I won’t buy one.

I don’t expect everyone to be Derek Jeter or Junior Griffey, but at least put some effort into it.

Topps has put out some extremely lazy WWE autographs recently.

It’s bad enough 99% of them are signing fake stage names to begin with, they could at least make them nice.

IMG_8512.JPG
IMG_8511.JPG
IMG_8510.JPG
IMG_8509.JPG
IMG_8508.JPG
IMG_8507.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
those are some crazy autos. Well I don't think you can even call it that.... That one with just a "A" is just stupid.. I like it when they do nic names and things like that but just a letter???
My auto of Suppan is cool
SUPPAN, JEFF.JPG

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Some of these are just jokes, but I wonder if, as per the example in the original post, some of these guys even know how to sign their names legitimately. A lot of times they come from poorer countries lacking in proper education. Maybe that’s the best he can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It doesn’t matter who the player is and how much I like them, if they have a lazy autograph I won’t buy one.

I don’t expect everyone to be Derek Jeter or Junior Griffey, but at least put some effort into it.

Topps has put out some extremely lazy WWE autographs recently.

It’s bad enough 99% of them are signing fake stage names to begin with, they could at least make them nice.

View attachment 84541
View attachment 84542
View attachment 84543
View attachment 84544
View attachment 84545
View attachment 84546

The last one looks like a rune from Diablo 2 or something, these people are a joke.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
this is why I try to buy rookie or pre-rookie autos if I can afford them. They tend to be their best autographs until they make the big leagues and increase the chance of having lazy signed autos.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
When I started to pick up Dodger player autographs, I relied heavily on sets like these to snag some pretty obscure, yet "certified" autographs. I often wondered in the case of Robles if he just didn't know cursive or if this was even in his own hand? Later on, I started seeing signatures that looked hugely different. I know signatures change, but wow!

s-l640.jpgoscar-robles-dodgerspadres-signed-ml-baseball-wcoa-5-t6546574-575.jpg

Another perhaps similar example:

Ronald-Torreyes-Autograph-217x300.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I was just thinking about cursive yesterday as I sat in a boring meeting. I realized that I have been doing a shorthand version for so many years that I find it hard to write complete words in traditional cursive. I even forgot how some of the capitalized letters looked! It is kind of sad in a way that this art is dying, especially for those who collect autographs. The days of the beautiful signatures are a thing of the past and now it is generous to call most modern signatures chicken scratch. Sometimes it would even be an insult to a chicken!!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I get the Kevin Owens 'KO' as it's part of his gimmick. Iglesias doesn't speak a word of English so his is that way for that reason. Im sure most of the latin or Caribbean players is probably because of the language barrier. The rest, just lazy.

Fordman

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Just because someone doesn’t speak or write English doesn’t mean they’ve never signed their name before though. Just sign it like they always have up until that point.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
many of the minor league players i meet don't write well - remember this age they don't use pencils / paper . Locally we nicknamed a player something he had never heard before even the translator had a time with him till another showed him a picture of a CONDOR .

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm sure part of this stems from them being expected to sign their names 5,000 times in a sitting. And they got paid, so what do they care?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It is a combination of ignorance, rudeness, and lack of work ethic that I always figured would bode poorly for the guy's career. If Nomar Garciaparra can write his whole name distinctly and legibly a billion times, so can you.

Members online

Latest posts