Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Headscratcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Ticket.jpg

I acquired this 1998 Padres vs Yankees ticket last night signed by Kevin Brown.

The Yankees and Padres didn't play at all in 1998 other than in the Series and Opening Day for the Padres was 3/31 against the Reds. My thought is it is some sort of commemorative ticket since they did play each other in the World Series but it doesn't look like any of the commemorative tickets I can find on the web. It looks exactly like a regular Padres game ticket from 1998 but obviously can't be.

Anyone have any ideas?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The headscratcher is what the heck were they doing in Tijuana right before their two game series?

BASEBALL: SPRING TRAINING -- YANKEES; Harrowing Ride Comes To an Uneventful End
By BUSTER OLNEY MARCH 29, 1998

"Millions of dollars worth of Yankees talent went through a harrowing experience late Friday, when a bus carrying the team's players rocked heavily as it went over a curb in Mexico.

According to three members of the organization, the bus was leaving the airport in Tijuana, Mexico, when it went to make a left turn. The wheels on the left side of the bus went onto the curb, and the bus leaned heavily to the left. But the bus regained its balance, and the players made it to the team hotel safely. It was pretty hairy, said one player, who did not want to be identified.

The Yankees had two weekend games in San Diego against the Padres and will play at San Diego State tomorrow."

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
View attachment 84581

I acquired this 1998 Padres vs Yankees ticket last night signed by Kevin Brown.

The Yankees and Padres didn't play at all in 1998 other than in the Series and Opening Day for the Padres was 3/31 against the Reds. My thought is it is some sort of commemorative ticket since they did play each other in the World Series but it doesn't look like any of the commemorative tickets I can find on the web. It looks exactly like a regular Padres game ticket from 1998 but obviously can't be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Weird yankees opened against Boston that year.

Latest posts