Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Fee changes coming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Anything that promotes sellers sending in more mid/high end cards I'm on board for. Nearly every time I check COMC the only newly added cards are the site's 18th & 19th copy of a 1995 Collectors Choice base card.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
I'm waiting for the cliff notes version to come out...very complicated on first read....

I'll do my best with the cliff notes:

- 20% cash out fee is being replaced by a 10% cash out fee and a 5% transaction fee. The transaction fee is assessed at the time of sale.
(Today if you sell a $100 item, you receive $100 COMC credit, and if you cash out, you receive $80.00 USD. When these changes go live on January 1st, when you sell at $100 item, you receive $95 COMC store credit, and if you cash out, you'll receive $85.50 USD)

- Enhanced Security Fee on only items priced above $50 charged at the start of the month for the previous month (like storage fees). Works out to $0.03 per month for a $100 item.

- No more 20% cross-listing fee for items that sell on eBay & Amazon and no more opting in - Your items will automatically be listed on those platforms now.

- eBay / Amazon / COMC Guest Shopping Cart Purchases will have a buyers premium added into the cost of each card. There is now a clear advantage to purchasing items using COMC Store Credit.

- Bulk price editor will be enabled to help sellers with the transition.

- Affiliate and referral programs are coming, as well as improved marketing efforts.

- Comments section has a lot of good information from our CEO. The one that will appeal to people the most:
" In the meantime we are testing out our integration with PSA and expect to launch that in the next few months."

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I assume the fees to list still exist and aren't waived in favor of charging all the other fees?

It'd be cool if COMC could simplify the fee structure instead of making it more complicated. Could you imagine if instead of buying your favorite burger and adding only sales tax and having a simple transaction, you would have the price of the burger, the sales tax, a credit card fee, a wrapper fee, and a employee labor fee to cover the cooking/packaging/register transaction and bathroom cleaning costs?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I assume the fees to list still exist and aren't waived in favor of charging all the other fees?

It'd be cool if COMC could simplify the fee structure instead of making it more complicated. Could you imagine if instead of buying your favorite burger and adding only sales tax and having a simple transaction, you would have the price of the burger, the sales tax, a credit card fee, a wrapper fee, and a employee labor fee to cover the cooking/packaging/register transaction and bathroom cleaning costs?

Please, PLEASE for the love of everything good and holy, do NOT eat at that establishment!!

Dec 4, 2008
The focus of this so far has been on sellers. What is the cost impact to buyers? The CEOs answer on that blog is convoluted. I tend to distrust those who need to be convoluted. It’s a way of trying to sound genuine but usually looking out for yourself at another’s detriment.

To date I haven’t ever used COMC to sell but have used it regularly to buy. Nothing huge, but still at least several $k/yr. I only sell on my own via eBay, I tend to be skeptical of others who hold my items as a broker. I know how crooked our equity, bond, and commodities markets are - part of why I prefer to hold physical cards. If this actually seemed in my interest I might consider using COMC for selling. Would sure save me a ton of tedious time scanning cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Please, PLEASE for the love of everything good and holy, do NOT eat at that establishment!!

your bold is pretty much what COMC does, except it's cards and not a burger joint. They seem to have a fee for everything and extra fees for buyers if you don't have COMC credit. I"m one who tends to put cards in a cart and checkout and pay then (not buy COMC credit ahead of time because I don't know when I'll need it) so it sounds like I"m subject to an additional "buyers premium" fee if I order there again.

Why not just simplify the fee structure like ebay or sportlots or other sellers? I suppose it's to encourage buying/holding instead of using the expensive part of their operation -- labor -- to pull and ship cards and to have people have money sitting in COMC credit instead of converting it to cash that can be used anywhere else cash is accepted.

I did a calculation just now to see how ebay vs COMC are with regards to seller fees. COMC fees for a seller are competitive to ebay seller fees on the $100 card sample a few posts earlier. COMC is $85.50 and Ebay is $84.14 when a $100 card is sold (assuming you ship the card from ebay in a bubble mailer using paypal as the payment method and take the cash from the sale instead of sitting as credits). Ebay may actually yield a seller more money by a buck or two when you factor in the cost to list that $100 card and the storage fees on that $100 card until it's sold on COMC.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I have cards on COMC that still do not have SRP and the cards are from 2013 or lower.
Very hard to sell ports when your asking price of all cards shows more than total SRP because it doesnt show the 2000 cards that dont have SRPs
Once the cards are there, its hard to get back without paying an outrageous price for shipping them back.
Also wish i was able to put a minimum offer price in as people are allowed to offer 10% of SRP value which from above doesnt value all cards in the port

I had to turn off 1600 cards that didnt have SRP so I can sell my cards in a port.

Now that Ebay allows drop downs for selling, ( I believe to accommodate COMC 2million listings) it's easier to sell.
I have 20,000 different cards listed in 150 listings
And Ebay listing fees went from $900 a month to $50

Sent from my SM-G955U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts