Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1987 Fleer Brown Backs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
I grab '87 Fleer Glossy sets to rip every now and then. The last few that I've ripped have each had a card in them that seemed to have been printed on brown card stock. The fronts are exactly the same in terms of color and gloss, even the backs are the same in terms of feel, but the color is quite different.

1987 Fleer Glossy Barry Bonds #2.jpg1987 Fleer Glossy Jose Canseco Brown Back.jpg

I posted on Net54 and my friend checked his hand-collated set and found that he had a brown back in it as well. So far, the three cards we know of all appear on the same sheet. But what's weird is that my two are the Glossy type and his seemingly came from a set made out of cards from packs.

Does anyone else have any of these? I'd love to know if there are any from a different sheet, if the whole set is available, or if this is just the 132 cards on this one sheet?

Arthur

Attachments

• 1987 Fleer Glossy Back Comparison.jpg
    1987 Fleer Glossy Back Comparison.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 23

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
On my Will Clark glossy stash, I found 12-15 that had a less than white back out of the 75-80 I have. I'm seeing some on the non-Glossy too. It's easy to spot from the top.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
On my Will Clark glossy stash, I found 12-15 that had a less than white back out of the 75-80 I have. I'm seeing some on the non-Glossy too. It's easy to spot from the top.

Would you mind posting a scan? Clark isn't on the sheet with the 3 previously confirmed Brown backs so I'd love to see one. Thank you very much for checking.

Arthur

Members online