Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom '84 and '85 Topps for my team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Just sharing.
Head Football Coach here. One reason I'm not around much anymore, time. Had 11 tremendous young men that were SRs this year and wanted to show my appreciation...so I created these customs.

Anyway, I'm happy with the result and thought I'd share a fun project that allowed me to get the creative juices flowing a bit.

44061761940_f5042a81ee.jpg

44061762480_c51d6d3eac.jpg

44061762820_91f844382e.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Fantastic job and I'm sure they appreciate the custom cards. Are you still doing basketball broadcasting too?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Fantastic job and I'm sure they appreciate the custom cards. Are you still doing basketball broadcasting too?

Thanks. The ‘85s are definitely condition sensitive. The kids loved them as much as I did making them.

Not currently. Took on head coaching job that requires quite a bit of time. By boys both play hockey so I’m usually at an ice arena on SAT/SUN. The school I coach for does have a student press and have just started broadcasting games so it’s possible I could hop on with their class.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks. The ‘85s are definitely condition sensitive. The kids loved them as much as I did making them.

Not currently. Took on head coaching job that requires quite a bit of time. By boys both play hockey so I’m usually at an ice arena on SAT/SUN. The school I coach for does have a student press and have just started broadcasting games so it’s possible I could hop on with their class.

Any college commitments to play football in the group?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
So cool. Please tell me you are getting them to autograph copies for you to keep.

I was going to. I had a '85 and '84 copy for each kid and spilled a little water on several the night before the awards. The color started to run, made me mad and I gave up on reprinting.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Any college commitments to play football in the group?

None as of yet. Pretty small school that's not been really successful in football. 5-5 and 5-5 in the last two years. The last time we've went .500 or better in consecutive seasons? 1998, I was the LT.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
None as of yet. Pretty small school that's not been really successful in football. 5-5 and 5-5 in the last two years. The last time we've went .500 or better in consecutive seasons? 1998, I was the LT.

That's really cool that you coach where you also played. Do you coach any players that are kids of the fellas you played with?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
That's really cool that you coach where you also played. Do you coach any players that are kids of the fellas you played with?

Thanks all.

Yeah, I taught/coached at a large school in a nearby city for 14 years then last year I decided to come back 'home' and take on the challenge. This year my wife and I are teaching in the school district and it's been awesome so far.

I have not ran into any sons of teammates yet. Still probably 5 years away from that.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I've coached three generations of pee wee football --- my doctor was one , had two play thru college that i know of , many thru HS . One on other team son's played against my grandson . Had an eight year old bloody my nose in practice - teaching him to be center - played thru HS as center== mean little guy . One is an actor in Hollywood -- claim to fame - Clint Eastwood kills him without shooting him LOL

Members online

Latest posts