Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adrian Beltre announces retirement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Rangers fan, it's sad to see him go, although I knew it was coming.

Beltre ranks 16th all-time in hits with 3,166 and passed Ichiro for the most hits by a foreign-born player.

He also won six Gold Gloves, four Silver Sluggers, hit 477 home runs with 1,707 RBIs and ranks 38th all-time in career WAR at 95.7.

I hope he's wearing a Rangers cap on his Hall of Fame plaque.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
A good guy, one that I wish dearly the Sox had found a way to keep him more than a year, I never understood that. First ballot HOF for me.
I think it's reasonable to think he will wear the rangers cap on his plaque. Played in a world series and hit almost all his milestones there and it was a significant portion of his years. I view him as a ranger more so than a dodger or Mariner.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure he's a lock for the HOF. I could see him just missing 1st ballot, but it won't take more than 2. He played more games with the Rangers than anyone else, and he hasn't played in LA or SEA since 2009, so I'd suppose most people probably think of him as a Ranger today, but it's up to him, more or less.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I hope they don't make him wait for the 2nd ballot. I see him as a 1st ballot guy. He was a premier defender at third base and provided plenty of offense as well. I've really enjoyed watching him while he played with the Rangers. I didn't really watch him with the Mariners or the Dodgers as I was a lot younger when he was with them. Just checked, and I was 11 his last year with the Dodgers.