Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uh-Oh....Are These Real???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaughn

Mar 31, 2009
Oxford,Ms
there is absolutely no reason for a seller to EVER make his auction a "private listing" on a sports card. period.

The first one is definately fake, the second one is iffy but has way more of a chance to be real IMO.

G

vaughn said:
there is absolutely no reason for a seller to EVER make his auction a "private listing" on a sports card. period.

The first one is definately fake, the second one is iffy but has way more of a chance to be real IMO.

not unless he want to hide a shill bidding account :evil: I really hate patch fakers and shill bidders.....don't know why people have to ruin the hobby!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
vaughn said:

Hi Vaughn :) This is exactly what i thought when i looked at the two auctions. Guess what? Even if the card in auction #1 is real, im not buying and im gonna think its fake, just for having the private bidder/buyer BS. The second one might be real, as might the first, but who knows? Only the person who got the redem back from UD knows for sure.

G

G $MONEY$ said:
vaughn said:

Hi Vaughn :) This is exactly what i thought when i looked at the two auctions. Guess what? Even if the card in auction #1 is real, im not buying and im gonna think its fake, just for having the private bidder/buyer BS. The second one might be real, as might the first, but who knows? Only the person who got the redem back from UD knows for sure.

I was bored and searched 14 pages of results from my "(08,2008) SP Authentic (auto, autograph)" search.....put one on my watch list just to see what one as nice as that would end like.....and then a couple of pages later I see the other one......first I thought it was just a "borrowed" scan....then I looked at the serials and saw that they were different....so thats when I started to take a closer look at the patches.....I do realize that they probably use 2 or 3 different jerseys for a card #ed that high......but the patches are clearly different.......I clicked "larger image" or whatever, in two different tabs and went back and fourth several times and it's like watching a picture change shape.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
trojanfan43 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
vaughn said:

I was bored and searched 14 pages of results from my "(08,2008) SP Authentic (auto, autograph)" search.....put one on my watch list just to see what one as nice as that would end like.....and then a couple of pages later I see the other one......first I thought it was just a "borrowed" scan....then I looked at the serials and saw that they were different....so thats when I started to take a closer look at the patches.....I do realize that they probably use 2 or 3 different jerseys for a card #ed that high......but the patches are clearly different.......I clicked "larger image" or whatever, in two different tabs and went back and fourth several times and it's like watching a picture change shape.

What do u mean by the patches are clearly different? Just so u know UD gets these jerseys at the Rookie Premier in May and each card compnay walks out of there with 20-30 event worn jerseys of each player and even more of the higher 1st rounders or players that are supposed to be hot for the year.

G

G $MONEY$ said:
trojanfan43 said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":ln4zcs3d]
vaughn said:

What do u mean by the patches are clearly different? Just so u know UD gets these jerseys at the Rookie Premier in May and each card compnay walks out of there with 20-30 event worn jerseys of each player and even more of the higher 1st rounders or players that are supposed to be hot for the year.[/quote:ln4zcs3d]

first I noticed that one had yellow and the other had gold stitching....thought it was just the lighting in the picture.....so I kept flipping back and forth and noticed that the letters are bigger (bolder) in one then the other.

madman1978

vaughn said:

The first one is definitely fake, the second one is iffy but has way more of a chance to be real IMO.
This is done so other sellers cannot hi-jack buyers
a number of times while bidding on cards i have received offers to buy cards that i was bidding on and on a high profile card i believe it is a good idea expect ebay no hides the user IDs so there may not be an issues

Members online